PDA

View Full Version : level 10 issues part deux..

ZAust
01-20-2004, 01:34 AM
ok, so i finally got my level 10 firing and not leaking. my emag was shooting quite nicely. i did notice that every 5th ball or so, i would chuff. i attributed this to the fact that i was using a non-xboard revvy. however, later i was dry firing and discovered that it was doing the same thing without paint. why is this? im assuming this is something level 10 related, as i dont know what else it might be. currently, im running the 1.5 spacer, middle spring, and one shim.

Havoc_online
01-20-2004, 03:55 AM
assuming your input psi is high enough and the cut side of the the spring is on the bolt end your lx could be confusing your detent for a pinched ball. if this is the case your lx is set too soft, cut about 1/4 coil off and see if it does the trick.

BlackVCG
01-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Test it without the barrel (assuming you have a non-ULE body E-Mag).

If it doesn't chuff without the barrel, this means your barrel is dragging the bolt.

If it still sticks, you need to increase the velocity, increase the carrier size or increase your input pressure.

abunkerer
01-20-2004, 01:27 PM
what kind of tank are you using? If it only happens during high rates of fire; it could be that the valve it not getting enough air...some tanks cant keep up. Ive had a similar problem, try a few different tanks at your local shop to see if it stops, crossfires and centerflags are pretty fast.

ZAust
01-20-2004, 06:08 PM
alright, it is a ule bodied mag, and it is using one of the new lx kits with the red spring, so there is no cut side. i was using a pure energy screwin. the chuffing was happening during higher rates of fire, so i suppose the tank could be the issue. ill try it out with a flatline in a couple days to see if thats the issue.