PDA

View Full Version : Gift Choices

darwin
01-20-2004, 08:13 AM
So my bestfriend has a 98custom or what not and is stil using the stock barrel and complains how crappy it is. I am debating on getting him either a flatline or something along those lines or a whole new marker. Maybe one of the draguns or a PMI gun. We mostly play speedball and his 98 isnt quiet cut out for it.

Any suggestions for a nice entry level elctro that is still rather nice?

GA Devil
01-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Keeping cost real low but yet getting electro I would recommend a mongoose or the lcd mongoose. That was my wifes first gun and I would recommend that over any other low end electro's ive seen. Its made by Diablo/National. She used to play speedball with it and usually held her own just fine with it.

-=Squid=-
01-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Dont get a mongoose. My field got one, and we were semi impressed at first glance. Well, turn it on, and it doesnt work. We send it back, and rereceive it. Go to try it out, and guess what? Didnt work. We send it back a 3rd time, and get it back. Guess what? They still didnt fix it. So we send it a fourth time, this time calling the people and telling them they better fix it. IT WORKS! Amazing! .... and its still a piece of crap. Looks cool, horrible horrible trigger.

IMO, the best begginner electro is a black dragun. Go for it! If you have a bit more, the best of the best in the low end electro field is the BKO. True electro pneumatic performance for a few hundred bucks.

ccaleb
01-20-2004, 11:09 AM
The Draguns, from what I have heard, have a tendency to be pretty cheaply made. They don't hold together very well, from what some of the local guys have chattered. Never really played with one though. You might want to ask around about that before you get one, do some research into it. I'm not saying they definitely do, but it would be something to look in to.

Does he have to have an electro for an entry level marker? I mean, my first tournament gun was a classic mag and I was pretty good with it. Everyone loves electros, but you may want to consider getting him an tourney level mechanical gun too, seeing as an electro might be too much gun for him. I don't know, just food for thought.

Hope you find what you're looking for, bud. :)

Jonesie
01-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Going with Caleb's general theme, why not an RT with ULT setup? Electro performance, relatively low price (used on the forums) and Mag reliability! :)

bunkermaster10
01-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Just picked up a used BKO or a used impulse/bushy. But if you do get him a new barrel I say don't get the flatline, they seem to brake many many balls when not setup right. I heard its a pain to setup :(....

-=Squid=-
01-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Draguns arent cheaply made. They can feel a little sloppy, but they are very simple, and very fast for a sear tripper. They are also quite reliable.

hAppy
01-20-2004, 03:52 PM
my friend's black dragun basic was the best blowback i ever shot

fast and light, good trigger

i never tried the TES draguns but those sound kool w/ the ACE and what not

ccaleb
01-20-2004, 04:04 PM
One of my buddies just said that his fell apart on him one day. Then again, that was more than likely due to him being stupid and not taking care of his marker. I wasn't trying to bash the Draguns, I just was stating what I had heard. Now I know that are a decent marker, so I learned something from this thread too. ;)

-=Squid=-
01-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by ccaleb
One of my buddies just said that his fell apart on him one day. Then again, that was more than likely due to him being stupid and not taking care of his marker. I wasn't trying to bash the Draguns, I just was stating what I had heard. Now I know that are a decent marker, so I learned something from this thread too. ;) Oh its fine, everybody has opinions.

The TES is AWESOME for a blowback. Nice milling, good fade, ACE, stick trigger, hands down the NICEST blow back I have ever shot.