PDA

View Full Version : when i air up the gun it fires..

darwin
01-20-2004, 08:22 AM
This really isnt a major issue but i am curious WHY it does this.. I would hate to have a break incident because of this. Usally it ends up happening when i dont have paint in the marker.. But i would rather it not happen at all.

GA Devil
01-20-2004, 08:32 AM
mag? are you holding the trigger back when airing up?

slushee
01-20-2004, 08:42 AM
The only time I had an issue with that sorta thing happening is when my spring pack in the mag was "compressed" and needed to be replaced? AGDJon told me this ... *shrugz* ..hope that helped

darwin
01-20-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by GA Devil
mag? are you holding the trigger back when airing up?

hmm yes its an xmag and no i am not holdin the trigger back, i take it i should be?

StygShore
01-21-2004, 08:27 AM
mine does this as well on a brand new Xvalve, so it's most likely not the spring pack.

Not sure what causes it, but I alwasy get griped at when I air up my marker in the staging area.

Styg

cphilip
01-21-2004, 09:40 AM
Well for one thing don't put paint on before you air up.... Air up first and then put the safety on and then a barrel blocking device and then attach your hopper or fill your hopper. I never air down all day really after that. Not till the end of the day so its just that one time.

You can still hold the trigger back on an Emag. Use manual fire mode to air up.

What can happen is the air chamber does not fully fill up and the bolt slips off the sear because there is not pressure helping it lock up. Could be bolt spring is a bit soft. But if its level 10 there is not that much you can do there.

I used to have an RT valve that farted every time it started up. No real biggie. Just did it. I never bothered to figure out what was lose on it because it always shot nice after that.

Oh use lots of oil too. Mags love oil.

BlackVCG
01-21-2004, 10:33 AM
It happens because the on/off pin is sticky. This will happen on new valves or ones that are not oiled enough or with good oil. It helps to take apart the on/off assembly with two cresent wrenches and clean the small o-ring that is inside the top piece. That o-ring will collect a lot of dirt on the I.D. and slow down the on/off pin a bit.