PDA

View Full Version : Level X Question...

lbonettosd
01-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Okay, I have a classic mag that I recently installed a LX on and for some reason I can't chrono it any higher than 250fps. It was setup with the smallest spring cause thats the only way I could get the marker to fire. I had probably shot 2 cases of paint thru the gun (Without 1 chop I might add) leading up to this weekend. Then out of no where, the bolt would occasionally stick. So after about the 3rd game with this happening I decided to change the small spring out for the modified spring and a little oil down the tube. When I put the marker back together it shot once then would only "chuff". I Had plenty of air so I decided to turn the velocity up as far as it would go and it never vented out of the back. So needless to say I put the small spring back in and it cycled fine. PLayed with it the rest of the day and just dealt with the bolt stick.

Now after pondering over the symptoms I decided to order a new spring pack, reg piston, on/off assembly and foamies (to make it an even $50 w/shipping from the store ;) ). Now here comes the questions... could the spring pack or reg piston be bad and thats why i was able to turn it all the way up without it venting? Or could it have been the on/off assembly sticking? And are ID# 000127 the right foamies for a LX? Thanks for any input.

lbonettosd
01-21-2004, 01:33 PM
anyone?

Joni
01-22-2004, 07:54 AM
Try inserting some more shims in the LX

lbonettosd
01-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Would shims stop the valve from cycling?

Joni
01-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Having too few shims might cause bolt stick (not enough air is vented if the bolt pinches a ball), and having too many causes leaking down the barrel. Add shims until it starts leaking, then remove one.

GA Devil
01-22-2004, 11:06 AM
could be shims or yes the reg piston. If its an older piston it isnt rated for the lvl 10. Mine was a very old 1 so I had to buy 1 too. If that doesnt help since its already ordered, try the shims. I run either none or 2 in my mags.

lbonettosd
01-22-2004, 11:11 AM
I've already adjusted the shims. It leaked when there were 3 shims, it doesn't when there is 2. The problems I'm experiencing is that I was stuck at 250fps w/ the small spring no matter how the velocity was adjusted. And after a couple of games the bolt would occasionally stick. So I decided to switch springs. Once I switched out the spring to the red spring (to increase velocity) it fired or cycled once, then would only chuff and reset. (kinda like when the bolt vents due to resistance) So I turned up the velocity till it wouldn't turn any more. The gun didn't vent out the back, nor did it fire (only chuffed). Now could the spring pack or reg piston be bad and thats why I was able to turn it all the way up without it venting or firing? And/Or could it have been the on/off assembly sticking too?

Dayspring
01-23-2004, 10:06 AM
What carrier # and how many shims are you running. That's the first thing you need to tell us about your setup.

lbonettosd
01-23-2004, 11:11 AM
carrier is 1.5 (1 line, 1 dot) w/ 2 shims. Which has a really nice fit and doesn't leak. (carrier 2.0 leaks a little)

lbonettosd
02-03-2004, 04:01 PM
I got the spring pack and reg piston from AGD on Wednesday and replaced them on saturday. Then presto, I guess the little magic elves that make Cockers more accurate, made my Mag shoot 285FPS without a problem (after a little tuning). So this is just an update and is for anyone facing a velocity issue with an older classic valve, REPLACE THE REG PISTON (and/or spring pack).