PDA

View Full Version : This T shirt cost me $400!

cphilip
01-20-2004, 05:48 PM
And they didn't even bother to send me one....

Upon deposit paid with your early admission papers they send each incoming "knob" Citadel Cadet this T shirt with his class year on it and schedule them for the overnighter in the spring.

Deposit = $400 :(

cphilip
01-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Class of 2008 it says. Dam expensive T shirt!!!!

ccaleb
01-20-2004, 06:14 PM
That's me! The soon to be Official AO Citadel cadet! Next August...

For any of those who don't know (my Citadel pride is going to shine for a second), The Citadel is the Military College of South Carolina. It is also commonly called El Cid, The Fortress on the Ashlee River, and simply Hell. :D It is pretty tough during your knob year (freshmen are knobs because they require you to shave your head, which then resembles a door knob). It is considered one of the hardest military formatted schools in the nation along with VMI and the Service Academies. If you want to take a look:

www.citadel.edu

impostal22
01-20-2004, 07:07 PM
w..t...f..?:confused:

edit- OH...thanks for the explanation...

wtf?????????

pbguy888
01-20-2004, 07:42 PM
This only cost me 50! and the blood and sweat of that week :(
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/pbguy888-PIC00028.jpg
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/pbguy888-PIC00030.jpg

I think the worst part was like the 110 heat index and no A/C in the rooms. And drilling for 5 hours a day...

Zumina
01-20-2004, 07:50 PM
I know a guy there. He's 2 years past his knob status and his name is Ryan Forsmo. Lemme know if you bump into him at the chow hall.

ccaleb
01-20-2004, 07:57 PM
He'll be a senior next year then, not sure I want to bump into him at Mess. Who knows, he may end up being one of my cadre or part of my company staff, only time will tell but I will write that name down... and be fearful of it. :D

Mindflux
01-20-2004, 08:03 PM
heh

I went to MMA in Harlengen Texas for a year. Why anyone would voulentarily go to a private military type academy is beyond me. Nothing like being forced to eat insanely cheap food, do pushups and have people younger than you tell you what to do. It bites, royally and I pity you.

cphilip
01-20-2004, 08:08 PM
It ain't for everyone thats for sure. Good school this one is though. Its not a military High School in the least. Its one of the two Colleges that are considered equal with the Military Academies. Only two outside of the Military Academies are at this level. Citadel and VMI. Citadel is not private though. It's a State Supported College. Older than most of them. Was one of the Military Academies long ago.

pbguy888
01-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Man I dont agree with cheap food...

While I was there the food was the best part!