PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10 survey

hAppy
01-20-2004, 06:27 PM
who here gets an occassional lvl 10 chop every now and than?

me and my friends get a chop every so often, and its tuned "ok", i dont know how people do it so good

tonybhall
01-20-2004, 06:39 PM
My Custom ULE RT Pro was "factory tuned" by AGD and I still got a chop about every 1000 rounds or so. However, a guy at my local feild told me to switch to the red spring and I have not had a chop since. However I have only played with it a couple of times since changing the spring.

Bryan

Bad_Dog
01-20-2004, 10:02 PM
I'll get a chop every once and a while... like maby once every two times I play... but then again, the paint I use comes in all sorts of shapes and deformaties, and I dont blame the lvl 10 if it chops a jellybean shaped paintball:)

NJPaint
01-20-2004, 10:49 PM
never chopped with the 3 lvl 10 mags I've had

lbonettosd
01-21-2004, 08:50 AM
There are 3 major things that determine if you'll get chops:

1.) The kind of paint you are using, whether or not it has a fragile shell etc...

2.) Which spring you are using, the longer the spring the more resistance it puts on the bolt, thus less likely to chop.

3.) How many shims you are using. (Now I can never seem to get this one right but here it goes.) The less shims, the quicker the bolt will vent, making it more sensitive to resistance and the less it will chop. (or something like that)

Now I'm not an AGD certified tech, nor a nuclear scientist, but thats what I've figured out. Hope this gets you some answers.

hAppy
01-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by lbonettosd

3.) How many shims you are using. (Now I can never seem to get this one right but here it goes.) The less shims, the quicker the bolt will vent, making it more sensitive to resistance and the less it will chop. (or something like that)

never seen that one, if its true, its quite interesting

RRfireblade
01-21-2004, 12:56 PM
I never chop. But I have a pretty soft L10 setup and usually use good paint.The shims adjust the point at which the bolt vents when pinching.

Jay.

hAppy
01-21-2004, 06:53 PM
what do you suggest more or less shims as possible?

RRfireblade
01-21-2004, 09:06 PM
The more shims,the sooner the bolt vents(L10 kicks in).For the softest possible setting besides the longest spring,you want as many shims as possible before it vents(sounds like a carrier leak).It's not that critical unless you want to "super" tune it.In that case,keep putting shims until it vents(leaks)then take 1 or possibly 2 out.

hAppy
01-21-2004, 10:08 PM
thanks

in that you mean, it would leak when the bolt is reset correct? thanks for tip

RRfireblade
01-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Yeah,if you have to many shims in,it will leak w/ the bolt reset(cocked).

hAppy
01-22-2004, 12:26 AM
thank you, ive always looked up to you, and your gats

Joni
01-22-2004, 07:34 AM
I've gone through about half a case of really crappy paint with my new lvl10. I even tried turning my VL2000 (thats right...remember them? =) of a couple of times. Not a single chop...

I have tuned it rather finely. The longest spring, all five shims, and an extra tight carrier.

L1f3
01-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Put about 12,000 shots through mine over the 2 month I've had it, not a problem with it chopping using an egg 2 with the eye off :)

Eatem Alive
01-22-2004, 12:22 PM
i'm pretty sure the spring size also makes a difference. the longer the spring, the easier it is on the paint...also a tad bit less air efficient.

RRfireblade
01-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Eatem Alive
i'm pretty sure the spring size also makes a difference. the longer the spring, the easier it is on the paint...also a tad bit less air efficient.

That is true.The longer the spring you can get to fire and still reach your desired velocity,the softer it will be on paint.Some markers,however,will only function reliably with less than the longest spring.There are fixes for that but it requires a more advanced tuning method.