PDA

View Full Version : want to do go x-valve. How?

vanair
01-20-2004, 11:12 PM
i want to purchase the x-vale, but want to know how the trade works. do i have to send it to them first. can i order it online or is this somthing that i actually have to talk to a human for. While i'm on the xvalve. it doesn't come with the ULT right? I planned on buy it any way but don't want to end up with 2 of them. is it worth it? also if i have to send my valve in, can i send my gun in and have it all setup by the pros. if so is there an extra charge. thank you any info is helpful

Dayspring
01-20-2004, 11:27 PM
The trade in program is easy. You purchase the valve on the AGD store, and give them the serial # to your current valve. They'll give you an RMA # that you use to send your current valve in. Once your valve is received, they send your Xvalve.

No, the Xvalve does NOT come with the ULT. Is it worth it? That's personal choice. It's a $40 upgrade. If you like it, cool. If not, sell it.

Setup is rather easy. Plus, that's what AO is for. :)

BTW- Welcome to AO.

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=19&CATID=5

vanair
01-21-2004, 12:09 AM
thanks for the info. so if i send my gun to them they will install it all on the gun test it and have it all adjusted for no extra charge?

Dayspring
01-21-2004, 12:39 AM
That's a factory question. But really, it's not tough to do- you pull out the old valve, put in the new one.

You might have to change an oring. That's about it.

tonybhall
01-21-2004, 07:03 AM
Welcome to AO.

Dayspring is correct, if all you are having done is putting a new x valve in and the ULT, you can do that yourself. It's as simple as replacing the regular on/off with the ULT and then sliding the valve into the tube. It's like plug and play. 1-2-3 ABC man.

BTW, I have the ULT, love it. My team mates and friends who have mech mags all want it after shooting mine. Go for it and if you don't like it I am sure you can find someone who will buy it from you.

Also, may I suggest that if you are considering doing many other upgrades, you might want to look at the Custom ULE deal that AGD is offering. I had a classic and was considering upgrading with an X Valve, LVL 10, ULE mainbody and ULT. It was cheaper for me to just buy the Custom ULE RT Pro and sell my classic.

Hope this helps,
Bryan

vanair
01-21-2004, 07:20 PM
sounds all good. i actually have a 2000 micromag with a vertical feed. But the rt package does sound good. SO there is no adjusting to the ULT just plug it in. Also how bout the level 10. are they hard to adjust. I'm pretty mechanically skilled i just don't wanna screw anything up, after spending all that money. thanks again for the info

Joni
01-22-2004, 07:46 AM
There is some adjusting to the number of shims in the ULT. You can find info about it here:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96538

The lvl10 is a piece of cake with the nice cd-rom that AGD sends with it. Took me about 15-25 minutes to install, and when ordering the X-Valve it should be installed already.