PDA

View Full Version : Anybody out there ever played with the Tracerball units?

Pullman
01-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Hey,

So I saw one on E-bay for super cheap and I impulse bought it. Anybody out there ever played with them before? Lemme know what you think. It sounds really cool and I like the fact that I could stick it on my Mag, and not have to deal with an non-agitated hopper. I guess currently the Ricochet hoppers with the UV lights aren't agitated. This thing attaches to the end of your barrel and strobes the balls as fast as you fire. Please respond if you have used these before. Also any opinions on "Dark Legion" paintballs (they are the Glow-In-The-Dark paintballs Diablo makes)would be appreciated.

Thanks,

:D :D :D

Wes Janson
01-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Where are you going to use it? The problem is see with it is, in a night play situation you're either in the woods with some friends (which is fine, but not exactly a situation that calls for night vision, IR, a tac-one, and those), or you're at a scenario game. And 99% of scenario games are field-paint-only. Which does not include those glow-in-the-dark balls. Which means you're left with a toy that can only be used on the very rare occasion of a BYOP scenario game, and only for the two or three hours of darkness. Per year.

Pullman
01-20-2004, 11:52 PM
But for only $30, and the cost of a case of paint it'll make some neato video don'tcha think?

Vircolac
01-21-2004, 01:05 AM
but they are somewhat limited in what you can do with them. At our field we occasionally have night games in the summer and everyone brings out the tracer units. We sometimes play speedball with them and its quite a sight. You can't go wrong for what you paid, just hope it works! They also have a tendency to "wow!" non-paintballers with the glowing ball flying dowrange. Have fun!

Chojin Man
01-21-2004, 05:46 AM
It seems like it would just give away your position in a night game. On the other hand you can see where your balls are actually going.

Muzikman
01-21-2004, 10:43 AM
I actually got to play a few games at the 96 (I think it was) IAO when they were debuting them. They are neat, but can you still buy the paint?

Bad_Dog
01-21-2004, 06:29 PM
does anybody have any pictures?

it sounds cool.... never seen one myself, but I've alwayse wondered how they work...

Wes Janson
01-21-2004, 06:35 PM
http://www.tracerball.com/INFORMATION.html

As someone else said, I suspect it would give away your position. Then again, shooting tends to do that anyways. It will, however, allow them to aim more accurately at you (especially if the unit actually flashes a visible strobe). Generally, most night shooting I've been in involved lights or else was at very close range.. But for $30...who cares?

slushee
01-21-2004, 06:49 PM
I pay far more then $30 for toys that I would play with far less then that ... I say it was a good buy