PDA

View Full Version : Xmag or halfblock?

sic402
01-21-2004, 12:35 AM
all right people im torn between 2 guns right now and i wont be able to really test either of them which kinda sucks. im looking at a Raceguns Halfblock or an Xmag both are about same price but shoot i just dont know! like whats so great about the Xmag?

bunkermaster10
01-21-2004, 01:34 AM
Mmmmmm Half blocks.......:)

That gets my vote.

Steelrat
01-21-2004, 02:02 AM
I've seen 2 race halfblock, and one was the biggest blender I have ever seen, and that was on its first time out.

Race always seems to have an uncertain future. How about a eblade turtle half block or a martin half block?

FooTemps
01-21-2004, 02:37 AM
mmmmmm, halfblock... go halfblock!

kenndogg
01-21-2004, 02:51 AM
turtle

SkyBoySurfer
01-21-2004, 03:18 AM
ya I would do a turtle if oyu realy want a cocker....they can be HUGE blenders and takes a long time tune correctly....If you do tune it right they freaken rock....but they do weigh a brick.

http://www.turtlecockers.com/index.htm

But serusly If you want realiabilty as well as speed I would get a Xmag

you dont ever have to worry about anything with Xmags...they just work...and they Rip just as much as turtle cockers.

and you dont have to deal with a block at all.....and Xmags are sightly heaver than a 03 shocker.

I have used both guns in Turnys and in Rec and I would choose the Xmag anyday.

But if you want a cocker I would highly Recomend a turtle cocker.

wyn1370
01-21-2004, 07:54 AM
I'd say turtle, I'd use mine anyday over my X. But that's my preference, I like the way is feels and shoots much better.

FallNAngel
01-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by SkyBoySurfer
but they do weigh a brick.

Granted, it'll change *slightly* with parts, but a midget cocker (mini halfblock with the lower chamber cut flush with the grip frame) with full frontblock, inline reg, gripframe weighs 2.5lbs. I don't know how accurate the information is, but according to this (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=351791) thread, the XMag weighs in at 2.7lbs .. about the same.

But serusly If you want realiabilty as well as speed I would get a Xmag

Unless you're using tons of bounce, both will shoot faster than you can pull.

and you dont have to deal with a block at all.....and Xmags are sightly heaver than a 03 shocker.

According to the site I posted above (again, not sure how reliable / accurate it is), it's at least a pound heavier.

Personally, I plan on getting a Martin halfblock body. From what I've heard, the backblock on the turtles can rub off the anno, and I think it's just more expensive all around.

$tevo
01-21-2004, 03:49 PM
i would go xmag. prettier, and it has the name AGD to back it up. you know its reliable

teufelhunden
01-21-2004, 04:02 PM
As nice as the X-Mag is, I feel it's overpriced. I think it's a better idea to ULE an E-Mag... but I <3 'Cockers too.

Get the 'Cocker if you wanna have something to play with, 'Mag if you want it to work no matter what you do with it.

$tevo
01-21-2004, 04:14 PM
it may be a tad pricey..but atleast you know for sure it will work when you need it to

AutomagRT1483
01-21-2004, 06:40 PM
I vote X-mag. But thats just me. :p ;)

walker2287
01-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Both guns rips, ive never used a race halfblock but the halfblocks i have used r pimp, ive used my friends x and when its working corectly its pimp as well

$tevo
01-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Both guns rips, ive never used a race halfblock but the halfblocks i have used r pimp, ive used my friends x and when its working corectly its pimp as well

what do you mean when its working correctly? how is it not workin

dopesweettight
01-21-2004, 10:54 PM
does anyone have any pics of a Martin halfblock body

ive never heard of them.

peace

Nick O time
01-21-2004, 11:08 PM
Half Block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah thats all i gotta say.

kenndogg
01-21-2004, 11:14 PM
shameless plug: my turtle cocker(the one that is posted up top) is for sale if anyone is interested.

Fixion
01-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Steelrat
How about a eblade turtle half block or a martin half block?

I agree.