PDA

View Full Version : rt valves, do they make you shoot faster?

keebler
09-12-2001, 04:56 AM
ok, here is the deal, the owner of the field i play at says that rt valves dont make you shoot faster and you will have shootdown at like 13bps, not 26. he said they are exactly like the regular valve, only the fps when shootdown starts is higher. my friend eats all of it up and believes everything, so what is the deal, does the rt valve make you shoot faster alot easier and have no shootdown or what?

PyRo
09-12-2001, 06:22 AM
Hmm, go laugh in his face :)
RT valve don't get shootdown untill 26bps unless their is something wrong with them. They also have a reactive trigger, which means the trigger comes back with more force then it took to pull it. This can allow for faster fireing.

FeelTheRT
09-12-2001, 08:00 AM
pfft, what a flaming idiot, obviously he has not shot one and just making stuff up about it. They are completly differnet from the AutomaG AIR. The RT valve can shoot upto 26bps with out shootdowns and it will give you a reactive trigger feeling which alows you to fire alot faster.

TheTramp
09-12-2001, 09:02 AM
It doesn't make you shoot faster it allows you to shoot faster. ;) The faster the trigger is reset the faster you can pull it again.

I will say that it didn't seem that much faster when I first got it but when I shot a regular Mag after having the Retro for a while I was shocked and how much slower it was

Janixs
09-12-2001, 09:22 AM
The RT have shoot down?? The RT has its own chronograph procedure because on rapid fire the velocity will increase read it http://www.airgun.com/rtchrono.html Don’t forget when AGD talk’s about shoot down in this document he is talking about speeds most cannot reach. This will give you more ammunition to prove that person wrong.

PyRo
09-12-2001, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
pfft, what a flaming idiot, obviously he has not shot one and just making stuff up about it. They are completly differnet from the AutomaG AIR. The RT valve can shoot upto 26bps with out shootdowns and it will give you a reactive trigger feeling which alows you to fire alot faster.

I thought you were talking about me for a secont their :)

MrAirgunRT
09-12-2001, 02:45 PM
uhm, the guy that told you that maybe is mentally ill, you should take over his field for you, the RT valve helps ROF out a lot

pumpamatic
09-12-2001, 09:20 PM
OK, why would this guy put down the RT? Wouldn't he talk how great it is so he could sell some more.

xmetal2001
09-12-2001, 09:35 PM
thye don't make you shoot faster unless you have your tank pressure set so that the trigger will bounce

TheTramp
09-12-2001, 11:08 PM
This is not true. Bounce (I think he means "sweet spot") and increased ROF don't necessarily go together. I can fire my Retro faster then my regular Mag (with out out of control bounce) and I'm sure other owners of both will back me up on this.

All Retro's "bounce" that's the whole point. It's only when they go out of control and become automatic that there is a problem.

The bounce returns the trigger to the reset position faster so you can pull it again more quickly then the regular valve. This is what makes the ROF seem faster not the fact that you can possibly make it bounce out of control.

Evil Bob
09-13-2001, 11:20 AM
The ReTro Valve, which is designed after the RT's valve system , offers two major changes over the original Automag's valve:

1) Faster recharge - Even to this day, nothing can touch it, no marker out there, electronic or otherwise can come close to the recharge rate at which the RT and the ReTro valve can refil itself with air.

2) Reactive trigger - As soon as the valve fires, the On/Off pin pushes on the trigger, forcing it to return with more pressure then it took you to pull the trigger. What this means is that you don't have to manually release the trigger before firing again, the marker will force your finger back so you're ready to pull it again.

Both of these features put together will allow you fire at a much faster rate of fire then was possible using a regular Automag valve.

Who ever this clown is you were talking to has obviously no clue about the technology involved and is probably just anti-Automag. Aristotle once said "it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Evil Bob