PDA

View Full Version : cocker timin(dont get mad at me just got it)

street1356
01-21-2004, 04:32 PM
i just bought a minicocker for 200. i still got my mag just wandered how they worked so i bought it. I put a hinge frame on it and now im tryin to get it to shoot. I moved the trigger rod(i think thats wut its called) back to where it shoots, except the ball(evil) wont go out the barrel. Is it the stock barrel thats too small or wut.

Also, to adjust the velocity, do i turn the lil gold thing in or out to make it go higher??

I also will need to know how to time it

JEDI
01-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Turning the IVG (lil gold thing) in will raise the velocity

street1356
01-21-2004, 04:41 PM
but the ball wont go out the end of the barrel

how do i get it to do that???

JEDI
01-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Explain more. Does it feel like there is a substantial amount of air shooting out of the gun? Do you have an inline reg, adjustable tank, what controls your input pressure?
Check to make sure the bolt is not upside down. Your IVG doesnt want to be more than half way in, in order to get a good velocity.

lopxtc
01-21-2004, 04:49 PM
Okay did you remember to switch the front and back hoses on the three-way? When you put on a hinge trigger frame on a cocker you need to swith the front hose and back hose.

Aaron

JEDI
01-21-2004, 04:50 PM
First of all, does it appear to be cycling properly without paint? Like... *Boom - Recock, Boom - Recock*

JEDI
01-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by lopxtc
Okay did you remember to switch the front and back hoses on the three-way? When you put on a hinge trigger frame on a cocker you need to swith the front hose and back hose.

Aaron

Right, with most swing frame/3 ways- the back 3 way hose goes to the back of the ram, the middle to the LPR and the front 3way hose to the front of the ram.

street1356
01-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Oohhh...someone said somthin bout swithcin hoses but they didnt finish tellin me bout it. it is cyclin. like boom..recock...boom...recock. There is pressure in the gun. it is the stock reg. and one of the tanks i have is adjustable. but there is a substantial amount of air leaking out of the umm....lil thing that the actuator rod(correct me if wrong) is in. this is wut the hoses are in.

lopxtc
01-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Yeah the trigger rod connects to the 3-way with a coupler ... when you pull the trigger it pulls/pushes the rod in the 3-way to allow air pressure to cycle to the right parts of the front pneumatics at the right time.

Make sure you have the hoses positioned correctly (in the order that Jedi mentioned) and then try again and see what you get.

Aaron

Originally posted by street1356
Oohhh...someone said somthin bout swithcin hoses but they didnt finish tellin me bout it. it is cyclin. like boom..recock...boom...recock. There is pressure in the gun. it is the stock reg. and one of the tanks i have is adjustable. but there is a substantial amount of air leaking out of the umm....lil thing that the actuator rod(correct me if wrong) is in. this is wut the hoses are in.

street1356
01-21-2004, 05:03 PM
aight thanx

ill try that when i go home

Ken
01-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Is your bolt upside down? Or more importantly, is your head up your ***? Just kidding, I'll laugh at you if your bolt is upside down though. Good luck.

~Ken

Fixion
01-22-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by JEDI

Right, with most swing frame/3 ways- the back 3 way hose goes to the back of the ram, the middle to the LPR and the front 3way hose to the front of the ram.

Unless you have a bomb 3 way... then reverse it again...

I love cockers :D