PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight without going ULE

Onryou
01-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Well, I'm just wondering what ways there are to lighten my marker from the standard 68 Classic without having to change all my barrels, i really like the convenience of the twist-n-pull setup.

Thourne
01-21-2004, 09:17 PM
So what you're saying is that you want to keep the body, but anything else can be changed? If this is the case you can always do the go x-valve program. This will take a considerable amount of stainless out of your gun and replace it with aluminum. You could also have your rail milled down. I know some people in the Dealer Forum offer this service. Also if you use a stainless barrel or a 2 piece with a stainless end you can start using an all aluminum barrel. I've heard the CF Stiffi barrel is lighter than Al, but I can't remember if it comes in a Mag variety. Also if you use an Al Gripframe I've seen where people have made those significantly lighter by Drilling holes in some areas to get a lighter frame.

Hope this helps some, but you are still going to be a little heavy with the stainless body. I'm also not sure how the balance will feel.

havoc531
01-22-2004, 05:38 PM
logicpaintball.com will mill your rail. that helps shave off a few ounces.

soccer4minimags
01-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Play with less paint in your hopper:D

Cryer
01-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Mill your tank:p