PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a fix to the egg?

Ityl
09-12-2001, 08:43 AM
How many people have eggs or had em. My neighbor bought one when they first came out. He had problems once in a while with it jamming with balls. So I was using he gun at a tourney, so I decided to put intellifeed on it. I had a big microswitch which I shoved in the benchy frame. Opened the egg found where to connect the wires to and used a 3/32 headphone connector in the grip so you just unplug the thing to take the hopper off. Well after a whole day of play at a tourney, I didn't chop a ball all day, the thing worked great. So there may be hope for you eggy owners :)

TheTramp
09-12-2001, 08:55 AM
Did you have any problams with the door opening up at the wrong time or the batteries falling out. My buddy had to do a bunch of stuff to keep these things from happening.

I like the idea of an intellifeed on it.

Ityl
09-12-2001, 10:12 AM
The door doesn't open when it's not supposed to cause there's a piece of velcro holding it shut, forgot about that. Batteries seem to be staying in fine.

PyRo
09-12-2001, 10:23 AM
I think with the egg, the problem actually was the battery door was too hard to open. Not that its easy on my warp :)

Dubstar112
09-12-2001, 12:55 PM
heh, i use pliers on my warp battery door.

Geezer
09-12-2001, 12:58 PM
I disassembled my egg because I couldn't live with the loose neck adapter. Since the shell encloses the neck and feed tray, I installed epoxy putty between the shell and neck tube, then reassembled. Its tight as a rock now. I still get the occassional jam, but mostly when using the Advantage PMI or old Diablo paint.

To dress up the hopper, I painted both halves of the shell using Krylon semi-gloss black and was amazed at how well it stuck to the plastic! After several games, the paint is still in place.

To fix the battery door, I drilled holes through both sides of the door and inserted tiny sheet metal screws to keep it in place.

When, oh when, are the Halos being released?

MajorDamage
09-12-2001, 04:21 PM
I used velcro on the lid too. And electrical tape on the battery door.

ENDO!

Lentz
09-12-2001, 07:41 PM
the problem with my egg was once it was shot about 3 times the battery door broke and wouldnt shut nothing tape wouldnt fix. i used velcro on top to keep it shut but the worst problem was that my feed neck broke after the hopper being hit.