PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your paint fresh question

Chojin Man
01-22-2004, 04:34 AM
I was wondering if you could put Silica packets(found in shoes and medicine bottles) in your bags of paint to help them from absorbing too much moisture. Or would this just end up drying the paint out? Anyone tried this out or know what would happen if you did this?

Methylphenidate
01-22-2004, 04:42 AM
ive never tried it but it sounds like a good idea.

FreakBaller12
01-22-2004, 06:39 AM
My guess would be to test it. Just take like 10 paintballs put them in a bag with that stuff. It's only 10 paintballs.

RRfireblade
01-22-2004, 07:48 AM
Ultimately,you don't want to change the moisture content,unless you want to change the character of the Pball.Drying them out more will make them smaller and more brittle,good if they've been exposed to moisture.Adding some moisure(cup of water)to them in a sealed environment will soften up old brittle paint.You normally don't have to change them unless they've changed on you for the worse.I keep them in an air tight container if I'm not using them for a while and the should last quite awile like that.

Jay.

fallout11
01-22-2004, 08:14 AM
I have some RP Scherer in a bag in the closet that I've had over a year now. It still shoots great.
But then again, I've had other paint that didn't keep 4 weeks after I bought it.

Apparently, a lot depends on luck, batch, brand, and what happened to it before you got it.
But as a general rule, just keeping it in a cool, dry, dark place is best.

I would not try to artifically enhance or reduce it's "dryness", though.

sbpyro
01-22-2004, 11:47 AM
I've had some paint that was over 2 yrs old that was given to me and it shot fine. The paint was stored in a cool dark place and rotated every week (My buddy realized he wasn't gonna be able to use it before he left for Cali.)
I was actually really surprised that it was good.

hAppy
01-22-2004, 07:03 PM
in CA , the weather is warm. my closet is the best place to store paint

flip it every so often (a few days) so it doesn't settle

900th post

Wes Janson
01-22-2004, 07:40 PM
I bought a small box (200 rnds) of some crappy JT paint over a year ago, and left it on my dresser in my room. It's maintained it's firmness the entire time, but I've noticed it seems distinctly greasier. Not by very much, but it still feels odd.