PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about the retro valve

SloScotty
09-12-2001, 12:42 PM
My mag has been leaking out the back, I have replaced all O-rings, and it still isn't working. With that problem and wanting something a little more fast paced, I have been thinking about buying the Retro Valve for the mag. Is it reliable? Does it work ?
I have a benchmark 45 frame, will this be a problem? Where is the cheapest place to buy the retro valve, I have found it for 270?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

cphilip
09-12-2001, 12:54 PM
Well your mag valve can be fixed. Do you own the video and a parts kit? Get them and go over the leaking out the back.

If you realy want a Retro there is one for sale used for $175 + shipping in Classifieds right now and one for trade for a stock plus cash.

Get one you will like them. But fix your valve too. It will trade or sell better.

SloScotty
09-12-2001, 02:54 PM
Two other problems I forgot to mention. One is the trigger sticks sometimes. I'll pull the trigger, nothing will happen, then sometimes up to a minute later it will fire. Secondly, the pin on the valve tends to stick, especially when i am trying to remoe the AIR valve.
Any ideas? Any places that fix guns well and cheaply?
i've moved away for college, and there are only a few places here.

freakyt
09-14-2001, 11:26 PM
If it's leaking out the back, the velocity is too high.

If your gonna go RT, you gotta have HPA.

Mattyblaze
09-16-2001, 01:01 AM
AGD fixes their own guns for free

BlackVCG
09-16-2001, 01:27 AM
More than likely the piston in your Mag is bad, causing the leaking out the back if you've already replaced the piston o-ring and made sure the velocity is set no higher than 300fps. Also, the pin will stick out after you're done degassing the gun. To remove the AIR valve, just pull on the trigger all the way to push in the on/off pin and it will then come out. As for the bolt sticking, try replacing the powertube spacer in your valve with a spacer one size longer than what is currently in the valve.

Call AGD they'll walk you through things to do to fix these problems or just send it in to them and they'll fix it for free if you have any stars on the valve.

alf
09-17-2001, 07:23 AM
Slo,

i played with my retro for the first time this weekend...

IT IS FREAKIN INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love it i love it i love it

(mod slaps alf)

oh, sorry...it is VERY nice, nice trigger return, VERY easy to put 4-5 balls on the same target...i did have a problem with bolt stick using the stock space (.220), so i installed a .225

-alf