PDA

View Full Version : Race VS. E-BLADE

Adrenaline_Junkie
01-22-2004, 02:22 PM
I know this has probably been brought up before but i cant find the thread. So if you guys would be so kind as to vote and post your opinion it would be greatly appreciated.

Meph
01-22-2004, 02:45 PM
Which one is better, I think Race. From a technical standpoint. Battery life is more efficient, solenoid is also more efficient AND more durable (meaning it'll last longer than eblade), and it trips the sear in a smoother and more unique fashion.

However the Eblade's buttons are better. The membrane style buttons on the Race will eventually wear away, crack up, and need to be replaced. Just like on the DM4 or such, they all eventually wear away and I personally don't even think a company should use this style button.

Everything that has to do with feel such as the width of them, the angle the frames are, how the trigger pull feels (leaf and spring VS. magnet and optical) and such. That's all up to an individual so there is no actual better.

Personally I think it's a band-air over an amputated leg. But hey if these conversion kits are somebody's own cup-o-beer then so be it. More power to 'em.

cledford
01-22-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm in the race crowd.

Pluses:

standard 45 grip frame accepts all grips (E-Blade is big and "chucky" to me - also doesn't allow aftermarket grips)

Rechargeable Mine has only been charged once since I bought it in July of 2002 an is still running! (E-Blade EATS 9vs)

Multiple firing modes (full-auto, yay!)
(Blade only has classic and semi)

Much more elegant design - see Warpig article on operation...

Break beam eye - if it's not break beam it's turned off...

Middle of the road:

Computer and palm programmable (some people prefer using those - while other like grip programmable Eblade)

Minuses:

No where as widely available as EBlade

Race (The company) was real shaky for a while. EU company went bankrupt, US division ran off with peoples money.

I bought the Race and love it. I'm not downing the E-Blade - I'd have one also if I could afford it. Since there can only be one it is the Race.

One other thing, I think the race is a little pricier - but again it is rechargeable.

-Calvin

teufelhunden
01-22-2004, 02:59 PM
E/Worrblade based purely on how awesome the trigger feels. Both will obviously perform their function... but those magnetic, switch-less triggers are excellent.

SpecialBlend2786
01-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Yeah, the E-Blades trigger is really sweet. I like the size of the frame, fits my hands nicely, and there is a built in rail to mount your air system. I think its also cheaper than the Race conversions, not sure though.

I havn't tried a Race frame, but from what i hear they rip. You can use the computer to adjust the timing and stuff, plus there are all sorts of fire modes.

cphilip
01-22-2004, 07:42 PM
The only down side is there is still a cocker sitting up on top of them!

:D

sneakyhacker420
01-22-2004, 08:14 PM
get one of the new pinless racegun frames - they just plain RIP!

new smaller design, stock with break-beam eyes, e-block - built-in noid cover (replaces whole front block), no more pin behind the trigger

www.racegun.dk

go find out for yourself...

basically, the e-blade is an inferior product, race is much better in the long run

Zumina
01-22-2004, 09:03 PM
I'm going to say Eblade.
I happen to like the angle of the frame.
The grips leave a little to be desired, but who clenches a gun while firing? Being able to adjust the timing while out and about is a definite plus. The magnectic/optical trigger is so incredibly smooth (to me at least).

cledford
01-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
The only down side is there is still a cocker sitting up on top of them!

:D

Phil,

You've got to have something to tinker with in the winter months ;)

-Calvin

cphilip
01-22-2004, 09:39 PM
True... True.... ;)

sic402
01-22-2004, 10:00 PM
hey sneakyhacker420 are you talking about the halfblocks on the front page?

sneakyhacker420
01-22-2004, 10:19 PM
no, just the new pinless raceframe with the new eyes and solenoid covers... which is featured on the half-blocks ;)