PDA

View Full Version : Extemely Scarey Stuff.... (nostradamaus Predicted All Thats Happened So Far)

MaGSkEr
09-12-2001, 02:44 PM
I hope that all of you know who Nostradamus is. If you don't heres a very short low down. Hes a philosopsher who lived 500 years ago yet has predicted many large events and has been VERY correct so far.

Example: 500 years ago he predicted world war two. Only he spelled Hitler, Hisler. Oops!

Now heres where is gets VERY SCAREY. He has predicted this........

"In the year of the new century and nine months,

From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city..."
"In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos while the
fortress fall the great leader will succumb
the third big war will begin when the big city is
burning.

NOSTRADAMMUS

*2001 IS THE FIRST YEAR IN THE NEW CENTURY AND THIS IS THE 9TH MONTH

*NEW YORK IS LOCATED AT 45 DEGREE LATITUDE.

This is Very scarey stuff.

blitz134
09-12-2001, 03:01 PM
im not usually into this prediction stuff but i have read some of nostradameus's stuff before...it is just extremely disturbing to me to see something that predicts what happened yesterday to the level or correctness as that you posted...scary stuff

shartley
09-12-2001, 03:25 PM
But now take into account that Terrorists and Religious Zealots often MAKE things happen to correspond to “predictions” as a driving force for their weak minded followers. This could easily have been done in this case. We often find what we WANT to find and use that to support what we WANT to see, as well as point out “divine destiny”.

I am not saying this “prediction” was not a valid one.. but people so conveniently view a bunch of predictions Nostradamus made that seem to “fit” events and proclaim him a true profit…. but seem to forget that the majority of his “predictions” fail to bring fruit. Look at all the predictions that were suppose to happen with the turn of the Century… how many happened? NONE.

My point is simple… if we get caught up in events and don’t use our common sense, we will attribute them to whatever we want to, not to what they really were. Remember how many times the World was suppose to come to an end? And the Bible and Nostradamus were used each time to prove people’s points. How about the final World War? Again, both the Bible and Nostradamus were used to prove it was the final World War… but was it? NOPE.

I prefer to think on a rational level. If I was to sit and write 50 books of predictions, and make them all in “code” (like Nostradamus did), I can bet you that 500 years from now you could easily find a dozen or more of my “predictions” to fit events that came to pass. It is a matter of ODDS, not of “gifts”. And if we were to look at ALL the coincidences in life, we would see how easy it is to get side tracked from the truth.

How about this one…… “I predict that the masses of singles shall pluck the ivory stones before pools of wonders. They shall search for visions of thoughts in hopes of clarity and knowledge. Flying through space and time, upon threads of light they make their journeys. Coming to gray fields of bordered and guarded conversation, they shall see the truth they quest. Hey after all, they visited AO!”

I hope people take this as a lighthearted attempt to show the other side of the coin. Hysteria and the deep need for answers often make us find the answers to our questions in places they just don’t exist.

shartley
09-12-2001, 03:44 PM
Now I will do a breakdown of the prediction quoted. I do this to show that you can make it mean anything.

"In the year of the new century and nine months,”

Well, when this was written was he using the same calendar we use today? HMMMMM

”From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees. “

This is often referred to as a single nuclear weapon. Never has it been referred to as a bunch of Jets.

”Fire approaches the great new city..."

See my last comment.

"In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos while the
fortress fall the great leader will succumb
the third big war will begin when the big city is
burning.”

Again, this has always been referred to as a nuclear attack. The City of New York has been the claimed target for this for a LONG time. And Terrorists KNOW this. But the Twin Brothers has always been referred to as the two major parts of NYC. NOT the twin towers of the WTC.

And the last time I looked the City of NY is NOT burning. In fact it has seen worse “fires” in its history than what happened with this attack.

I do not point these things out to diminish what has happened, but to point out using the SAME prediction, that what happened yesterday was NOT what was talked about in the text. And that a smart Terrorist could easily use this information to further convince his followers that what they were doing was (as I said in my last post) divine destiny, when it was NOT.

MagMan5446
09-12-2001, 04:06 PM
Thank you for proving us skeptics right Shartley!!!!

Also, he could've meant York as in the French York, wasn't that burning in the hundred-years war?

shartley
09-12-2001, 04:24 PM
MagMan5446:
You are correct.

BUT....

I need to point out that I did not prove anything. LOL I just offered another plausible explanation for the prediction, and how people read it. I also showed how throughout history cleaver people have used vague predictions and “signs from above”, to either cause events to happen (also knows as self-fulfilling prophecies) or gain followers and justify their actions.

My posts neither prove nor disprove anything, just offer the opposing view. It is up to each person to make up their own minds on the issue. As the saying goes… “Truth is what we perceive it to be.” And most know me, if there is a good opposing position, I will be quick to point it out. ;)

ben_JD
09-12-2001, 04:24 PM
This particular quatrain of Nostradamus' work has been used many times to explain events of national tragedy. Previously, it was used to discuss the falling of the Kennedy brothers within months of one another.

The original french quatrains say nothing of York. I don't know from where this reference comes.

Admittedly, this is an interesting intellectual exercise, but I have always been wary of the popular twisting and re-translating of the writings of Nostradamus.

-Ben

MaGSkEr
09-12-2001, 04:30 PM
Shartly I completly understand your point. However it is just so easy based on what he wrote to complelty relate it to what just happened.

shartley
09-12-2001, 04:52 PM
MaGSkEr:
Now I will twist it again for you. LOL

Did he actually write what you THINK he did, or was it translated conveniently to say what people wanted it to say? ben_JD hit the nail on the head with his post. So I will not paraphrase him, but point you back TO his post.

heehee ;)

MaGSkEr
09-12-2001, 05:34 PM
Yes another good point. I know that it was translated from the original text. Unfortunatly for the side I'm defending it means that it was translated the way the translater wanted it to be. I'm sure there were many other ways of interpreting what the original text said. So Shartley i guess you are right..........

shartley
09-12-2001, 05:55 PM
MaGSkEr:
Ahhhh.. but again... AM I? mwah ha ha ha

(Sorry I couldn't resist.. LOL)

ben_JD
09-12-2001, 06:24 PM
Seeker,

I'm not saying that you are wrong. Perhaps Nostradamus said exactly what you were told. Maybe he forsaw what happened. Maybe he didn't, but the 3rd big war still happens after our response for this is seen by those who also have big guns.

This isn't over. Our response will be spectacular and devastating, no doubt, but I have no dilusion that our response will be the last act of violence in this battle.

-Ben

Minimag4me
09-12-2001, 10:09 PM
where did you find that translation i found in Century X in quatrain 72
The year 1999, seventh month,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror:
To bring back to life the great King of the Mongols,
Before and after Mars to reign by good luck.

is this what you were refering to if not can you give me a specific century and quatrain and a place i can find a better translation

Load SM5
09-13-2001, 06:30 AM
I've already seen 3 different versions of this translation with subtle changes to make it sound more relevant to what happened in New York. Some I've seen had the words "Metal Birds" inserted into the text to mean planes. One version had dtae after the quote that was supposed to be the date in which Nostradamus wrote it. It was about 100 years after he died.

I remain skeptical....

Puckz
09-13-2001, 08:57 AM
We should all hope Nostradamus's predictions are correct. According to him the world does not end for almost another 2000 years! (don't have exact date of his prediction handy and dont feel like looking it up)

:)

Webmaster
09-13-2001, 09:33 AM
I'm Locking this because I have heard from enough reliable sources that this is a hoax and there really is not point arguing over a hoax.

If someone emails me a scan of a page from one of his books proving me wrong - ill reopen it.