PDA

View Full Version : ANS X-2 Reg Problems

camilion705
01-22-2004, 09:42 PM
My ANS X-2 Regulator is going insane! (or am I the insane one?)

I gassed up my gun today, and the gauge on the reg spiked up to 600psi. Ok, I can just back out the twist knob. Alright now the pressure is at 280psi. Then I am about to shoot when the reg spikes back up to 600psi.

I tried again to back off the pressure, but I had the same problem.

I then dissasembled the reg and everything looked just fine. So then I put it back together, gas it up again, and now there is no pressure going to the gauge or out into the gun!!!!!

I turn the on/off asa off and start to unscrew the bottom part of the reg (not the knob, but the bottom half of the regulator) and air blasts out as it should.

Great, air is in the reg but nothing is going into the gun or gauge.

What exactly is going on here? I am so confused.

Mag_SEAL-6
01-24-2004, 12:03 AM
My friends' reg used to slowly rise from 150 up to 300. Is it anything like that where it slowly rises or does it shoot up to 600 quickly?

camilion705
01-24-2004, 12:56 AM
Problem fixed I think. If anyone else has this problem, make sure the reg is well lubed (Mine was without grease anywhere) and the seals + o-rings are in good condition.

Thourne
01-25-2004, 06:13 PM
Lubing these regs will help, but that doesn't always fix the problem. These have a reg seat in them that is identical to the Automag's reg seat. If it goes bad just order an AM/MM reg seat and that will fix the problem.