PDA

View Full Version : What do you want in the next gen. EMag.

Carbon
01-22-2004, 10:43 PM
What do you want in the next generation Emag? For all intent and purposes, it will still use the X valve with LX of course, so effifiency would still be the same. Also take into consideration the ULT and how it would relate to solenoid effiency and what not. Be descriptive as possible.

What i would like to see.

-Break beam eyes for the ultimate in antichop redundancy. Further more users can use more efficient return springs.
-Blade trigger.
-optional spring and magnetic trigger return, with the option of using one or the other or both.
-HES activation
-an actual on/off power switch
-Smaller battery pack, so it is a foregrip and not a FOREGRIP.
-ULE every thing. Body, rail, grip frame
-clamping feedneck
-A smaller gripframe.
-Doubled batterey life
-90 degree frame or similar, or whatever patent alows.
-vert feed only.
-magnetic detents.

Anyhow i would like to get a general consesus of what emag owners and future emag owners have to say about it.

S.S bandit AL
01-22-2004, 11:04 PM
I have to ask if your to make the battery last longer and smaller - would that not kill the unique style of an emag also how long would you want a battery to last a whole year off one charge i know i can play up to 3 weekends or tournys and not have to recharge it
those are the only thing i would change off you ideas for a next gen emag - oh yeah i would also a newer rail that would have e-mag milled into it takong off mg of metal and allowing it you stay on the gun unlike jewels and one more thing change where the switch for emode and manual mode lays - also have different grip style and led or lcd screen in the same spot

tony3
01-22-2004, 11:20 PM
Ule everything

JJ barrel that comes on ule rt's but make it 14in

loose the mech. override option

use a microswitch, no hes

No hes=blade trigger possible

standard grips or angel grips

dovetail mount built into frame

matching xvalves with lots of color choices

4.0 stock

on off switch, no pin

electronic safety, no spring/ball bearing safety

1 Piece body/rail combo

thats pretty much it, I think all of those would be good options for the an emag, the most important is the all ule stuff and getting rid of the hes and mechanical override imo

funkykarl
01-22-2004, 11:21 PM
I agree that these are all good things. But, with the X-mag now being the top end, how about some ways to make it more affordable to get ahold of? I know I'd sure appreciate it...

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
01-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Only things I would want changed is:
Better efficiency and a beam break eye.

Mindflux
01-22-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
Only things I would want changed is:
Better efficiency and a beam break eye.

Forgive me for asking, but what's wrong with the eye it has?

Not that we need an eye with LX...

Ov3rmind
01-22-2004, 11:44 PM
- Smaller batt and trigger frame
- Break beam eyes
- All ULE
- Spring/microswitch option
- Clamping feedneck
- Integrated rail and body

Cryer
01-22-2004, 11:48 PM
integrated body/rail (SFL style)

Steelrat
01-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Break beam eyes arent as tempermental as the IR reflective ones. They take any paint, and tend to be more simple.

I actually told Tom what I'd like to see:

-smaller grip frame, like the hyperframe: This is now doable with the ULT. A 9 volt would eliminate the need for the big battery pack

-Get rid of mech backup. Having this requires too many other compromises, like the HES. A conventional microswitch, or an optical, with a blade trigger would be great.

-Conventional frame that fits normal grips

-Break beam eyes

-Better efficiency

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
01-23-2004, 12:10 AM
Mindflux,

A beam break eye is a better eye in my opinion. It operates on two seperate components. A emmiter and a detector, just like a safety on a garage door. The paintball has to actually be all the way in the breech and breaking the beam before the gun would be allowed to fire. The reflective relies on one component to emmit and detect the ir beam. This is very dependent on placement and reflectiveness of the surface. There is a chance that the sensor would not get a signal reflected back, which would prevent the gun from firing. Also it may detect the ball as being fully in the breech and fire the gun if it isn't correctly placed. Basically the beam break is a more reliable system. You don't really seem them using a reflective eye for garage doors because no one wants to be sued from the door closing on someones car because there eye didn't see the car was there. Keep in mind that this is my opinion because the topic of this thread is what would YOU like to see in the next gen emag.

As far as having the level X goes. The level X does its job, but when you can out shoot your halo b a situation arises that the eye is there to remedy. If you are outshooting your loader...a ball won't fully load. The level X chuffs it, so there is a ball in the breech. Then the next ball comes into the breech and you actually shoot that ball into the ball that was originally chuffed by the level X resulting in a barrel break. The new software has the ace make sure that there is a ball fully loaded in the breech before it will allow the gun to fire, so basically it will match your ROF with your loader speed, thus preventing this issue from arising.