PDA

View Full Version : Barrel came naked!

Plazmic
01-23-2004, 04:52 PM
I bought my first Automag upgrade barrel, a J&J Ceramic 14". I was surprised that it arrived with nothing on it! No O-rings or anything. I was also surprised that the barrel is measured from tip to tip, not from tip to the edge of the gun frame, as on other guns I have owned. Is this normal?

DCB
01-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Alot for barrels do not come with o-rings. Not sure why but it is true. As for the length thing... every barrel I have seen is measured from tip to tip. Why would they measure from the edge of the body to the tip? Every marker screws in at different depths.... so every barrel would have to be a different length in order for a barrel maker to all there barrels the same OAL.
Later

Plazmic
01-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Well, I had just noticed that the Spyder and Piranha barrels I had bought in the past were all about a half inch to a full inch longer than their edvertised length, therefore not counting the threads in with the length of the barrel. Even so, the J&J Ceramic I got is only 13.25 inches long from tip to tip. I think they could have at LEAST gone a full 14 inches, eh?

spyder_strypes
01-23-2004, 09:29 PM
It really doesn't matter that much...you can pick up barrel orings and nubbins from AGD for relatively cheap.

cphilip
01-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Cocker threaded barrel or Twist lock barrel?

If its a cocker one then that makes sense.

If its twist lock then..

Not many barrels came with the oring and nubbins in the twist lock. CP's always did when I bought them. But most of them guys are cheapskates about them orings and nubbins. Pick yourself up a parts kit. They will be in there and many other things you will be needing anyway. Twist lock Mag barrels almost always tend to end up shorter than you would think. Cause the go in further into the breech and really are the breech. The ball dropped right into the barrel on them. Kind of cool really.

Plazmic
01-23-2004, 09:58 PM
It's a twist lock. Yeah, I have a parts kit, but the nubbin was already gone. I stole one off of another barrel. :) I don't mind the cost of the parts kit, it just seems silly for them to ship a barrel without them. Overly cheap if you ask me. It'd happily pay an extra buck or two to have them included in the first place.

cphilip
01-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Yea... they should have. But often they do not. :(

50 cal
01-23-2004, 11:17 PM
I've never bought a mag barrel that had the nubbin and o-rings come on it.

Plazmic
01-23-2004, 11:25 PM
Mmmmm... That's a bummer. I guess they figure you'll be wanting to choose plastic or metal nubbin for yourself anyway, and then you might as well choose your own o-ring, too. Whatever they put on there is probably not going to be what you wanted.

athomas
01-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Some manufacturers measure from tip to breach while others measure from tip to back. I've seen both.