PDA

View Full Version : I'm playing tomorrow please help fast!

NeilS300
01-23-2004, 08:46 PM
I just finished tuning my lvl. 10, and I got it to shoot yesterday with no problems. Today when I pressurize the gun it barrely leaks out of the back of the valve. Its not bad so I can play with it, but I would rather it would not happen. I have about 1000p.s.i. left and an air valve. Any suggestions.

Oh yea, I'm playing tomorrow so if you have any clue can you please post it.

Joni
01-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Are you shooting at 300 fps? Maybe your shooting hot. If not, you will have to use a smaller boltspring so that you can lover you pressure. Maybe your reg piston has gone bad?

Dayspring
01-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Correct on all accounts.

Chrono the gun first. If you're shooting hot, turn it down.

If you're not, try moving to a smaller bolt spring and possibly moving up a 1/2 size on the carrier. Might be too tight.

NeilS300
01-23-2004, 10:56 PM
If I turn it down at all it wont shoot. It will only chuff. I'm chronoing it tomorrow.

50 cal
01-23-2004, 11:09 PM
Sounds like you need one size larger carrier.
My LX did the same thing, uned one day, part of the way through the next days play, it started to cough a bit. Went up one size carrier and it's been there ever since.

NeilS300
01-25-2004, 12:18 PM
I just got back from playing and i was shooting only around 250 or so and i cant turn it up any higher. I am using the smallest bolt spring. Once I get some air I'm gonna try a highet bolt spring.

SaS
01-26-2004, 02:29 PM
i had the same problem... and still do kinda

I'm chronoed for around 260fps(which is fine in my book)
Which made the drop a little more extreme, which was kinda nice too dropping over bunkers just a little more:D
but it chuffs at anylower, and vents out the back if i turn it up anyhigher... sorta balance of the two.

Replaced the reg piston, but to no avail, just made me feel better. I'll try that 1/2 larger carrier though, don't know why i never thought about that before. I suggest you give her a try too since the larger springs will most likely not shoot for you at all. And if you do crank up your velocity, it'll probably start venting out the back.