PDA

View Full Version : spyder-timmy or is it timmy-spyder?

GT
01-24-2004, 01:34 PM
:D that is a spyder FBM "gothic" body

IWANTMOREMAGS
01-24-2004, 01:40 PM
OMG wow. I can't believe that is a spyder. It probably cost him at least 6 or 700 to do that though.

member#10,261
01-24-2004, 02:01 PM
I love thoes goth bodies!

that should go on that thread jack&coke started

FreakBaller12
01-24-2004, 02:59 PM
are you sure that's a spyder?
:confused:

what kind of internals does it have?

Matt1427
01-24-2004, 03:12 PM
thats a classic timmy frame. And a timmy single lpr housing. That body is so ugly.

wobbles82
01-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Its a Classic, but it doesnt have eyes :( . Anywho, it probably wouldnt look so ugly with say..Clamshell, RAM CAP or housing at least, and a no rise or clamper, wouldnt look too bad. As of now it looks ..more like a Spyder, and without the Eyes, im sure it performs somewhat between a Spyder and a Timmy. :D

NGp8ball
01-24-2004, 03:23 PM
i believe (or at lesat it looks like) fastingarage's marker from pbn. it was a spyder and now its a timmy. not to hard to convert over.

Adrenaline_Junkie
01-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Is it really that easy to put timmy parts on a spyder? How do you do that?

Mag_SEAL-6
01-24-2004, 07:27 PM
From what I know, a timmy is basically a spyder with a ram. I've heard that all you have to do is get a different body for your spyder (one that can hold a ram) and just change out the internals. From there you can slap a better grip frame on it and add a lpr, reg, etc.

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-24-2004, 07:56 PM
First off all this spyder timmy talk really pisses me off. All of you say that they are so alike, well guess what they are not. Yes I know in the classic manuel it says operates much like a spyder. Woop d farking doo. First of Solinoid. All of you who say "Its not that hard to convert a spyder to a timmy" are dead farking wrong. Yes with some dremel work you can make them except a Intimidator bolt. Big deal, that doesn't mean they will perform the same. Yea you can even get boreds to run eyes for spyders, but guess what every time you pull that trigger all you are doing is pushing in a micro switch that trips a sear. Still no solinoid. Intimidator? Yea no sear. Finally, show me a spyder that you can make run at 85 psi consistenly with no shoot downing shooting 16 bps at a constent 285 +1/-1. So all of you who keep saying this obviously don't have a clue what your talking about. Thats why the average spyders runs $100 bucks and the average Intimidator runs at $1100.

GT
01-24-2004, 08:35 PM
I was going to let you run your mouth until you started to act alittle pissy...

Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
Finally, show me a spyder that you can make run at 85 psi consistenly with no shoot downing shooting 16 bps at a constent 285 +1/-1.

Dont make me build a spyder to disprove your moronic statement. I can get dam near any gun to run that, except older shockers, with good paint, barrel, inline reg, and compressed air tank.

So all of you who keep saying this obviously don't have a clue what your talking about. Thats why the average spyders runs $100 bucks and the average Intimidator runs at $1100.

The sad part is that you are the one that is mistaken. Do you honestly think that the cost of build is that different from an intimidator to a spyder? DO you really think there is a 10:1 ratio of quality bewteen the two? How much do you think it costs to build a timmy? 150-200 bucks? I am willing to bet the reason the cost is so high has to do with advertising/sponserships and little to do with much else.

kenndogg
01-24-2004, 08:40 PM
doesn't "The One" kit by Dragun effectively turns a spyder into a timmy?

WenULiVeUdiE
01-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Yes it does. But to get one with eyes you need to buy "the one" gun from dragun. And it looks like its just a spyder body on classic internals, but I am not sure. FBM makes those bodies for imps too, they look much better on imps than spyders and such. I think its a spyder body on a timmy.

TraXeR
01-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Nice color, don't like the body much though. Atleast you have a LOT of places for your condom string to hang from.

mag-hatter
01-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by wobbles82
Its a Classic, but it doesnt have eyes :(

"the most pathetic person is he who has sight, but no vision"

tony3
01-24-2004, 11:17 PM
"The One Kit" DOES NOT TURN A SPYDER INTO A TIMMY! Just had to get that point across. A timmy ram moves forward and back with just air. On the one kit air pushes the hammer forward and a spring returns it. The one kit is more like a bko or e99. And who cares if you can rig timmy internals into a spyder body? Timmys still rip extremely fast and are awesome guns. Sometimes simple designs work better believe it or not.

RobAGD
01-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
First off all this spyder timmy talk really pisses me off. All of you say that they are so alike, well guess what they are not.

Ok Lets start here.

The Orginal Timmy's were MADE from extra Bob Long millennium bodies for SPYDERS. Bob was taking a BATH on those and needed a way to seel them to get his money back out of them.

ICD helped him out as they were also doing the work with him on the Defiant.

While the Timmy is not a sear tripper Spyder it falls into the same catagory as Imp, Bushies, Angels and any Ram / noid combo with an attached bolt. They are based on the basic Spyder design.

First of Solinoid.

Ah a gas valve switch and a magnetic coil plunger designs are BOTH Solenoids. They act in differnt ways but both are solenoids.

Yea you can even get boreds to run eyes for spyders, but guess what every time you pull that trigger all you are doing is pushing in a micro switch that trips a sear. Still no solinoid.

Trips a sear or trips a gas valve its still a noid

Finally, show me a spyder that you can make run at 85 psi consistenly with no shoot downing shooting 16 bps at a constent 285 +1/-1.

Ok here you really show your stupidity. The gun runs on 200-350 psi to the valve. The Low Pressure Regulator which feeds air to the Ram / Noid runs at 65-90 psi. And if you put a reg on a spyder and shoot good paint you can and will see chrono strings +/- 1fps. Its not going to do that all the time but its not out of the realm.

As to the shoot down issue, if you feed it enough air the valve will keep up and its the same valve design / style as you see in Cockers and other guns that cycle 16-20 bps without mush issue.

Thats why the average spyders runs $100 bucks and the average Intimidator runs at $1100.

Cost of the gun has little to do what it. Its just differnt markets they wish to sell thier guns in.

-Robert

-=Squid=-
01-24-2004, 11:56 PM
Darn...spongebob you just got burninated :(

kenndogg
01-25-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Darn...spongebob you just got burninated :(

not once but twice..

anyways does anyone know the cost to rig a spyder like that?

-=Squid=-
01-25-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by kenndogg

not once but twice..

anyways does anyone know the cost to rig a spyder like that? www.fireballmountain.com

They sell the bodies. To me it looks like they rigged the body on the classic, and not vice versa. Thats def. it.

About 200 for the body, and some ghetto rigging a classic and there you go.

kenndogg
01-25-2004, 12:24 AM
well I already got a spyder body lying around, just wanted to know what are all the parts I would need.

-=Squid=-
01-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by kenndogg
well I already got a spyder body lying around, just wanted to know what are all the parts I would need. Everything that goes in a timmy...wouldnt be a fun project, it would cost less to just buy a classic timmy.

NGp8ball
01-25-2004, 11:24 AM
yes, timmy parts will fit a spyder, all thats needed is a hole drilled for the barb (and eyes if you want those to).i can't remember all the parts but you can find a list on pbn. you basically need a ram, ram sleave, poppet, the frame and all the internals, and i think a few other things but i cant remember.

TheTramp
01-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Everything that goes in a timmy...wouldnt be a fun project, it would cost less to just buy a classic timmy.

I think you're right. Probably better to just buy a used clasic timmy and do the mods to put a Spyder body on it.

This isn't something you would do to get a cheap Timmy. It's a job for those who like to mess with paintball guns reguardless of cost issues.