PDA

View Full Version : RT / E-mag question

MENACE
09-13-2001, 03:39 AM
Not having either one in hand . . . can the RT and the E-mag bodies be interchanged?

So curious this one, yes?

Thanks guys.

Evil Bob
09-13-2001, 10:05 AM
Nope, they are two completely different beasts. The RT has a gas-through bolt that holds the valve assembly in place, the E-Mag does not. The RT's valve assembly has a retention pin that slots into the body, the E-Mag's valve assembly retention pin slots into the rail. Due to the difference in the valve sizes between the RT and the E-Mag (E-Mag is bigger in diameter) the parts are not interchangable.

Evil Bob

MENACE
09-13-2001, 12:50 PM
Hey Bob - Thanks for the information. Really appreciate all the help I'm getting in this zone! - MENACE :D

PsychoMag
09-13-2001, 01:16 PM
Now I have not done this, but all over the place the RT Pro and Emag body is the same...that should be clarified. The older Rt has a smaller valve therefore a different style, but the RT Pro and Emag body is interchangeable, unless I am wrong, but didnt two guys on here just recently swap bodys from a RT Pro and Emag...cuz one wanted the vertical feed....

Puckz
09-13-2001, 01:47 PM
the question was RT and Emag body, not RT Pro. :)

cphilip
09-13-2001, 02:39 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6015&highlight=Bodies

Evil Bob
09-13-2001, 09:10 PM
You're quite welcome.

PsychoMag...

You're quite right, the RT Pro and the E-Mag bodies and valves are completely interchangable, both use the ReTro valve and the same bodies. The only difference is the grip frame and the body rail, the RT Pro has drilled holes for the gas through front grip, and E-Mag rail has the battery terminal.

Evil Bob