PDA

View Full Version : Help me convince him!!!

WenULiVeUdiE
01-24-2004, 06:47 PM
I have decided to get an RT Pro in a little while. It would really help me if you guys could just list the reasons why mags are so good. I already know the reasons but he will listen more if a stranger says it instead of me. So I just need you to list like 5 or 6 reasons why the are superior to cockers or imps/bko's. And does the RT Pro have any recoil/kick? Is it more or less than a cocker? And it wouldnt be a problem if i didnt use a motorized hopper for a the first month or so would it? I would be getting a ULE and ULT with it if it makes a difference.

Mag_SEAL-6
01-24-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm guessing when you say he won't listen, you're talking about you're dad. Anyway, I've had an rt pro for 2 years now and I'm sticking with mags. It is an awesome gun, very, very reliable. A lot of guns will have problems (ex: u listed bko's,impulses and cockers). While these are all excellent guns, they can have problems and if you don't know what you're doing, they can be a pain (cockers especially). But you'll almost never have a problem with a mag if you treat it right, and if for some reason you ever do, that's what AO is for right? They're very non-complex and easy to maintain, unlike many other guns. They do have a little recoil but it doesn't effect your shooting, it just adds to the REAL gun feel of it. The ule body is awesome because it's just as strong as the steel mainbody but much lighter and vert feed. The ult is awesome because it cuts your trigger pull from 3 pounds down to 15 ounces, making it easier to pull faster. If you don't have an agitated hopper for the first month, no biggee. Just don't shoot as fast for a while or you might chop. Also, the most worthwile upgrade is a level 10, but if you're getting the rt pro custom, it already has it so you're set and you will almost never chop ever again. Hope this helps, good luck

Cryer
01-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by WenULiVeUdiE
I have decided to get an RT Pro in a little while. It would really help me if you guys could just list the reasons why mags are so good. I already know the reasons but he will listen more if a stranger says it instead of me. So I just need you to list like 5 or 6 reasons why the are superior to cockers or imps/bko's. And does the RT Pro have any recoil/kick? Is it more or less than a cocker? And it wouldnt be a problem if i didnt use a motorized hopper for a the first month or so would it? I would be getting a ULE and ULT with it if it makes a difference.
1. Mags have NO RECOIL! The only moving part besides the trigger mechanism is the bolt weighing 1 ounce. (level 10 bolt)

2. Mags are reliable. I had the same mag for years. I replace one spring when I first got it because it had been sitting in some dudes closet for a year unused.

3. Mags are consistant. Over the chrono I got readings like this: 285,285,285,285,285,285,285,285.
On a regular basis, too.

4. Mags are low maintenace. A few drops of oil in the asa, and you're good.

5. Mags wont chop. If you get an RTPro, it comes with level 10. this, when set up correctly, will not chop paint. You can stick your tongue in the breech, if you get it setup right (although that is not recommended:p)

6. Now, mags are inexpensive. Get the Custom RTPro from the AGD Store. Wholesale price on the best performance in the industry.

7. Mags are sexy. Look around, you'll see what I mean.

chizle97
01-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Because the magic elves that live inside each mag could beat up the gnomes that live in a cocker anyday!:D j/k

well. i got mine cause the price was right on. also the only problems ive ever had with my mag was when i put on a part that wsa not designed by AGD(hyperframe).:rolleyes: other than that it takes a little bit to break in the levle 10 but other than that rock on solid baby. especialy mine i still have everythin steel on mine.

WenULiVeUdiE
01-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys! This is just what I needed. But I now need to save for HPA, well maybe I can get that for my birthday or something. But crap thats in august and I need this in like June. W/e my dad will be surprised when I tell him I can buy the whole thing on my own. I am planning on buying the RT Pro custom, cant pass up that. Sucky hting though is that my dad plays too so he might be like you dont need that stuff. But I think I can prove him wrong.

JuggaloDave
01-24-2004, 08:01 PM
why buy a mag over a cocker: no chops with lvl10 stock, sure you can buy a 60$ anti chop bolt on a cocker that lessens effiency and looks god awful but why shouold you have to? plus, with a cocker, you spend more money on parts than on paint, i know your thinking you wont, but you will, trust me, been there, done that.
mag vs impy: well right now everyone hates sp for being money hungry turd burlars but that aside, impy are ok, but plan annoying to mess with imo. they can be awsome, totally great, untill you get fsdo like a mug and you miss a game or so cause you have to take apart your marker and clean it and regrease it. the grease sux, it is not cheap, and it is just plain not fun cause it gets on you gun, then it smears and looks nasty and, uggghhhh i dont ever want another electro after owning my impy, never again unless it is free. or an e/x-mag:D
mag vs bko: nvr owned one, almost bought one but i heard nothing but bad things about them and that the fps adj is a pain to get to.

also, maybe you can suck up and get an "early" birthday presant lol. or a used tank like a pe oreset fir around 50-100 bux.

gl and hf man-J.D.

Carbon
01-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Whoa there! All paintball guns have recoil. Its felt recoil, The felt recoil in a mag is nearly imperceptable, unless your cranking at a high ROF, the you will feel a noticable upward pull.

WenULiVeUdiE
01-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Yes I know all guns do have recoil, but you know what I meant. I guess I am going to have to get an early present or buy it all on my own. I dont even want to bring it up until the next time we play, that way I have reasons to back up or something like that.

kenndogg
01-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by JuggaloDave
why buy a mag over a cocker: no chops with lvl10 stock, sure you can buy a 60$ anti chop bolt on a cocker that lessens effiency

Umm all you need is an $8 maddmann spring set and you can pinch paint with a cocker. no need for an anti chop bolt. with a mag you need a lv 10 which has to be tuned properly and will use a little more air. correctly spring and sweet spot a cocker right and the effiency is way better than a mag.