PDA

View Full Version : So many problems, help plz

Paintballhead
01-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Ok iv been in the sport for 5 years and have owned tons of cockers, now that i switched to a mag i feel like such a noob. I dont know ne thing about them and i keep asking these stupid questions.

Any ways heres my problem. My gun worked but had a leek down the barrel so i was told my lx wasnt set right. I took it apart and found that it didnt have the little backing washer in it. So i put it back together and i get massive bolt stick. I realize i need to order the washer but it still worked before, i followed the diagram to put it back together. Also the pin behind the trigger pressurizes but wont shoot. I pull the trigger and nothing happens. Iv tried using the stock valve, the ult, iv messed with the velocity, springs, every thing i can think off. This mags driving me crazy.

Please help me.

athomas
01-25-2004, 01:49 PM
It won't work at all without the backing washer. If you don't have it, don't even bother trying to get it to fire. Wait until you get the new washer. If it worked before, then maybe you had the washer and lost it when you disassembled.

Massive bolt stick usually is a carrier issue. It usually means the carrier is too tight. Go to a more loose carrier. Use the largest one that doesn't leak. Use the shortest spring to get the setup running properly before you switch to a more sensitive setup.

Paintballhead
01-25-2004, 02:40 PM
i realized after i posted this i had the washer, i was just looking at the digram wrong.

i thought the only difference in carriers was the size of the middle hole. Some are fatter and taller then others?

ChucktheMAGician
01-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Paintballhead
i thought the only difference in carriers was the size of the middle hole. Some are fatter and taller then others?
Pretty much. Smaller sized ones put more pressure on the o-ring and thus the bolt. As athomas mentioned using a larger sized one will allow the bolt to move more freely, hence no bolt stick. To big and it will leak.

Paintballhead
01-25-2004, 03:34 PM
How am i supposed to tell the difference? I know they have different markings, but when i look at them i cant tell a visibal diffrence. Dose agd have a chart or something telling which 1's have which specs?

ChucktheMAGician
01-25-2004, 03:39 PM
line = 1 and dots = .5 So no lines no dots is 0 and 2 lines and dots is 2.5.

Paintballhead
01-25-2004, 07:52 PM
huh? i dont get it.

i feel so dumb:(

ChucktheMAGician
01-25-2004, 08:03 PM
http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/carrier_med.jpg
Kinda hard to see but there are 2 lines on one side of the black o-ring and dots on the other. This is 2.5. 2 would just have lines and no dots. 1.5 would have 1 line and dots.

Paintballhead
01-25-2004, 08:39 PM
I finially figured out the carriers and got it working. This gun is friggen awsome i wanna thank every 1 that helped me. I couldnt of done it withou u guys.

Special thanks out to chuck, i have been asking the carrier question on the pbreview forums for a long time and no 1 ever answered. I finially understand them. I got my gun runnin in 5 mins after i figured them out.

Thanks Alot

Kody

ChucktheMAGician
01-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Paintballhead
Special thanks out to chuck, i have been asking the carrier question on the pbreview forums for a long time and no 1 ever answered.
Glad I could help and take note that this is of course the best place for mag help!!!;)