PDA

View Full Version : Rain x

doodeitstom
01-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Is it good to coat inside of barrel with rain x or some type of wax? Wouldnt it make the paint stick less when you chop a ball?

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
01-24-2004, 08:44 PM
I tried it...I didn't really notice too much of a differance.

TheJester
01-24-2004, 09:11 PM
can't speak for the barrel idea, i've done/do it. but i know it comes in handy in other places....like your hopper

Rather
01-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Not a good idea at all!

Saw someone mention before that some of the chemicals in rain-x are not good (toxic) to have near open wounds or bruises.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-24-2004, 11:47 PM
It does help to clean out the barrel.

But in the case that you shoot someone, and open up a wound, the chemicals from the Rain-X could get into their bloodstream and cause harm.

TheDoveDecends
01-25-2004, 11:02 AM
well i tried it for the first time yesterday.. and i did notice a small difference. It helped keep the barrel a little cleaner while playing. As for the toxic things.. i wasnt aware of that so ill probably be cleaning my barrel out soon.

FreakBaller12
01-25-2004, 11:40 AM
the nppl banned rain-x, go look for a thread about it, i am too lazy right now:)

GT
01-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Rather
Not a good idea at all!

Saw someone mention before that some of the chemicals in rain-x are not good (toxic) to have near open wounds or bruises.

guys this is the biggest bunch of misinformed hype i have ever heard.

Consider for a moment how many people apply ranix without dermal protection daily. Trust me if it was a hazardous people would be dropping like flies....

Besdies if that small amount in the blood stream caused any harm the toxcicty of the product would be extremely high and probally not sold as a consumer product w/o loads of warning labels...

Cryer
01-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Has anyone tried it on their mask?

Jonesie
01-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

I had a teammate who used it on his mask. Made it easier to clean, after the game, but wouldn't keep him from being eliminated.

I may give it a go, just to see the effects. I've also heard of using turtle wax on your gun and Pam spray on the jersey...

Methylphenidate
01-25-2004, 05:17 PM
have heard of rain x in the googles and hopper, and on the outide of your gun for that matter. but never down the barrel.

RRfireblade
01-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

guys this is the biggest bunch of misinformed hype i have ever heard.

Consider for a moment how many people apply ranix without dermal protection daily. Trust me if it was a hazardous people would be dropping like flies....

There's a tad difference between getting some on you and having it fired into your skin at 300fps.The ban was to stop putting any chemicals in your barrel that "may" be a hazard.That pretty much ends any arguements over what is ok to use.

robertjuric
01-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

RainX makes 2 things: the defogger and the rainx. Do NOT use the defogger on your masks, it will eat the plastic lenses.

But I was talking to a guy that used a mixture and sqeeqee'd it through his barrels for 2 things, he said the defogger helped with condensation and the rainX with shoot-through. I havent been able to either of these.

Although I dont see how rainX could be harmful to your health b/c it pretty much just dries and leaves a coating, I dont see how it could get into your bloodstream and if it did, it wouldnt be near enough for it to cause any harm, well thats my opinion at least.

GT
01-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

The ban was to stop putting any chemicals in your barrel that "may" be a hazard.

So.... No more gun oil? Infact no more paintballs as some people maybe alergic to the organic or inorganic materials?

NGp8ball
01-25-2004, 07:08 PM
ive been told thta baby oil works well in the barrel also... never tried it tho