PDA

View Full Version : Paintball team jersey feedback wanted

CMDane
01-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Here's the rough draft of my scenario team jersey, the Drunken Monkeys. The thing is, it's rather plain and the rest of the team is a bit slow in responding. I'm looking for constructive feedback. I already know the lettering needs to be a bit higher visibility and am thinking the sleeves are a bit plain.

Yes, that is Curious George holding a jug of beer. :)

Charles

DiSoRdeR
01-24-2004, 10:02 PM
Needs something above and below Curious George, maybe some sort of design or something. And on the sleeves like you posted above. Look at some other jerseys and get some ideas, but great work cant wait to see it finished.

Python14
01-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Get some flashier text and I'd wear it:)

Cryer
01-24-2004, 10:04 PM
lol, thats great.

You should have some lines and angles in there behind the graphix.
Like the JT pro jersies, kinda. Maybe a darker grey or a darker green...

CMDane
01-24-2004, 11:54 PM
The jersey is based off of the fade template from CSG (http://store.customsportsgear.com/index.cfm?action=cat.catalog&categoryID=8) so there will be a mesh panel under the arms and down the sides. The center panel with the graphics will be framed, after a fashion. I'm just running short of ideas.

Here's take 2 with a green fade and some changes.

Charles

Chojin Man
01-25-2004, 06:20 AM
Diggin the green fade one a lot more. Still not too sure about the font though. Maybe make the Drunken Monkeys text at the bottom a little bigger. Keep it up.

sneakyhacker420
01-25-2004, 10:27 AM
get rid of the white circle behind the monkey... makes it look too ugly and plain

and don't be afraid to use different text for different areas on the jersey

www.dafont.com

go eat your heart out on a huge collection of free font downloads :D

Cryer
01-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Definately use the green template. Also, (do you use photoshop?) add a stroke around all the white lettering/cirlce. It will help with blending everything together.

I'll photoshop something real quick and show you.

EDIT- about what sneaky said with the white circle...

Leave the white circle there. If you take it out, there wont be enough contrast between the background and the monkey. You wont be able to see him cause hes to dark...

Cryer
01-25-2004, 11:39 AM
yay!

sneakyhacker420
01-25-2004, 02:59 PM
with the large white lettering, the white circle fits in perfectly... beautiful cryer... now just for CM's approval :p

DiSoRdeR
01-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
with the large white lettering, the white circle fits in perfectly... beautiful cryer... now just for CM's approval :p
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/signs/17.gif

CMDane
01-26-2004, 01:00 AM
Cryer, amazing work! I like it and am going to post your version to the scenario team's msg board with and without the flag (we're all former or current military and very patriotic!). Awesome job!

Thanks!

Charles

Chojin Man
01-26-2004, 01:23 AM
Ya that looks really good Cryer. At least we know that you are good for something now ;)

Cryer
01-26-2004, 01:52 PM
thx guys...

CM, If you'd like me to change something, PM me. I still have the PSD file, and I can do just about anything to it.