PDA

View Full Version : Leaks

Kevn 419
01-24-2004, 10:31 PM
i have a 68/3000 flatline regulator on my nitro tank, i got it used with a classic automag RT gun (not sure how old), anyways, the pressure in the regulator is constantly climbing. gas starts to leak out the front of the regulator when the pressure gets too high. i shoot a few times and the pressure goes down, but then it just builds up faster then before and again starts to leak. i dont know why it is leaking or gaining pressure, i have just recently got the tank hydro tested and have never cleaned it or taken it apart(i dont think the guy i bought it from did either)

Any explanations on why gas is coming out the front of the regulator when the pressure gets too high and why it is building pressure in the first place would be greatly appreciated

cphilip
01-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Your regulator seat is leaking. All tanks will do this at some point. There are instructions here in Tech Forum stickied up there on how to clean and maintain it. Also AGD sells a repair kit for those. Try cleaning it first and if that doesn't work repair it with new orings and new reg seat. You will be good as new. Its cheap really.

Kevn 419
01-25-2004, 01:20 PM
thanks, i thought thats what i needed to do but i wasnt sure, thanks again