PDA

View Full Version : RT or E-Mag?

Peecoh
09-13-2001, 09:01 AM
Hi guys,

I just found this place, it's really awsome :)

I'm on my way to buy a new marker, but I'm not sure which. I had an old 68AutoMag before, I loved that one.
I'm kinda against all the new electronic ones (more things that can break out on the field), but will I be able to keep up if I buy a non electronic? Pros and cons of RT/E-Mag?

Any input is appreciated :)

Thanks

slayer
09-13-2001, 09:10 AM
well shoot both I always tell everyone.
Here is the lowdown: if the electronic in the emag fail you can change to manual mode in the middle of the game with almost no effort. So it will be just like an RT. If you don't like electronics then get an RT but if you like electronic triggers(I love them, no more short stroking, ultra short pulls, the weight, rear travel and fire point of the trigger are all adjustable on the emag) then don't be afraid of getting the emag, because you can always go to regular RT mode. If you get one, then think about getting a warp feed. They are a bit of added weight but they are super fantastic as ong as you keep fresh batteries in them and have an intellilink(which I believe can be done with both an emag and RT). I have no idea if you will be outgunned shooting an RT but I know there is no way you will be outgunned using an emag in E mode.

Evil Bob
09-13-2001, 10:29 AM
Simple answer: Buy an E-Mag

Pros:
E-Mag - electronic, ReTro valve, controlible rate of fire. Manual mode as an option in the event that the battery or circuit board fails, meaning you can keep hammering away with the simple flip of the switch.
RT - Fastest cycling rate of any mechanical marker out there, up to 26 times a second. When it goes reactive, it can really take off.

Cons:
E-Mag - It needs a Warp Feed, without it you run the risk of chopping paint unless you turn the rate of fire down below 10 BPS, your standard 12v Revolution has a hard time keeping up over 10 BPS. You simply can't go wrong with the Warp Feed.
RT - When it goes reactive, there is nothing on this planet other then a Warp Feep and an Intelliframe, that can feed it's voracious appetite without chopping paint. High potential to shrt stroke the trigger, resulting in funny noise and a paint ball that rolls out the end of the barrel and hits the ground 10 feet in front of you, picture it as a cat coughing up a hair ball.

Evil Bob

Puckz
09-13-2001, 01:41 PM
If you aren't fond of electronic triggers get the RT. The Emags manual mode doesnt feel the same because of where the rod sits. I love shooting my RT but cant stand using an Emag is manual mode.

Evil Bob
09-13-2001, 09:23 PM
The length of the rod can be adjusted, you can un-screw it out so that it comes into closer contact with the trigger. As a matter of fact, you can even make it so that "E" is pure hybrid mode with it's short trigger pull, that way the trigger is kicking back just like the RT.

Evil Bob

Xzion
09-13-2001, 11:56 PM
if its just the electronic triggers you dislike, I agree, go with an RT, but if you dislike em for durability, I say go with the emag, as said before if the electronic mode dies, theres always manual, and the hybrid mode rocks :)

MrAirgunRT
09-14-2001, 06:10 AM
Well I would go with the E-mag, if you have the cash. I shot and E-mag alot and its niiiiceee. The mode can be set back to E-mag if your batteries run out or w/e by the flcik of a switch. I own an RT but i plan on getting it E-magged soon. If i can scrounge up the 500 some bucks :)

MinimagRockin'
09-14-2001, 04:19 PM
Either one would be sweet. I would personally go with the RT, theres just something about that good old fashioned need-no-help-from-electronics feel. Then again if an emag landed in my lap right now I wouldn't have any complaints.

belligerant1
09-14-2001, 06:33 PM
minimagrockin, where are you from in california???

DarkPhoenix
09-14-2001, 09:08 PM
I have the RT Pro and I will be purchasing an E-mag soon. What it all really comes down to is the logistics. If you find that you are capable of affording an E-mag, then by all means do so. Both are extremely well made and are great to use. I am waiting for the new E-mag Extreme and 4500psi Flatlines to come out, so that I can buy them both and match them. I like things stock. I have a stock RT Pro with a 3000psi Flatline.

Peecoh
09-17-2001, 11:57 PM
WHOW, I'm away for a while and when I get back.... 9 replies =) Thanks alot for all the input.

I'm am leaning more and more towards an E-Mag. I read a review of it over at Paintballstar too, and that was very positive. I also saw that Blue E-Mag over at Paintball Gear, I WANT IT :D

Thanks alot guys