PDA

View Full Version : Morlock vs 4.0?

xrancid_milkx
01-25-2004, 03:52 AM
We all know about the new 4.0 software, and I have great things about it on the forum, especially how it improves the E-Mags performance over the older software.

When I first started looking for an E-Mag, I was mainly interested in Emagnum'ed E-Mags since the AGD software seemed "lacking," which is why in the end I got an E-Mag with a Morlock board over the AGD board. Now it seems they fixed this problem and then some.

Here is my question, specifically for those who have tried out or owned both E-mags with the new 4.0 software and Morlock boards. Which in your opinion allows the E-Mag to perform better? I'm currently thinking about replacing my Morlock board with a factory one due to all the good things I've heard about the new software. Is it necessary? Or is the difference so small it really doesn't matter at this point?

Granted I know that there probably arn't too many of you who have tried both (since 4.0 isn't really out yet and Emagnums are uncommon), but hopefully I'll get a decent response :D

Oh ya, I'm pretty sure the Morlock Board voids my warrenty, but would I be able to send it to AGD to have the board replaced?

OfficerGoat
01-25-2004, 01:51 PM
having shot both stick with what you have for the time being. But.... my guess is by the end of feb Q will have his software tweaked down and then at that point I would proboly consider switching pretty heavily.

sneakyhacker420
01-25-2004, 03:06 PM
4.0 has shot buffering, so it is able to sustain a steady BPS in longer strings, so yeah... i'd choose 4.0
cause of that, and because of the added features such as night rider and all thoes

Tunaman
01-25-2004, 03:15 PM
There is no 4.0. 3.2 is the latest software as of now. Use that or nothing right now.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-25-2004, 07:31 PM
The 4.0 Beta, had a few bugs, mainly going randomly full auto

sps16
01-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
The 4.0 Beta, had a few bugs, mainly going randomly full auto
its actually not random, it happens when the battery is low

sniper1rfa
01-25-2004, 09:58 PM
4.0 has shot buffering, so it is able to sustain a steady BPS in longer strings, so yeah... i'd choose 4.0
cause of that, and because of the added features such as night rider and all thoes

The morlock has shot buffering too. Its not a new idea, same as debounce. It has just recently been thrown in the limelight as a feature, instead of just something needed to make the gun work right, which is what it was originally.

i would stick with the morlock unless you want night rider, or an LCD or something. performance probably wont change a whole lot.

xrancid_milkx
01-26-2004, 02:04 AM
I was just thinkgin about changing out boards, but due to my money situation, even if I wanted to I couldn't for a good 4 - 5 months. By then 4.0 should be out and de-bugged, or possibly a whole new update.

Thanks for the input guys, but I do wish my Morlock board had "knight Rider mode," the name itself makes whatever E-Mag its on like 4x cooler :D