PDA

View Full Version : Best tank/reg for co2

Skoad
01-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Plans are having a fiber wrapped co2 tank. From what i hear max flo's are good for co2, but they are expensive....I think i can get a super old one for cheap but i don't know how it will perform.

Plans are to have anti siphon tube in the tank along with the tank's reg to help keep liquid out.

any suggestions? hoping tank+reg will be under or around $100 bucks

Skoad
01-25-2004, 05:48 PM
also another thing i was wondering.....if i were to get a max flo tank for co2, how would they fill it up? i mean, they couldn't put the fill station cap on it because of the reg.....

Timmee
01-25-2004, 06:15 PM
If you have a fiber wrapped CO2 tank, it should have a CO2 valve (and therefore be able to be filled by a CO2 fill station). A good alternative to the Max-Flo reg is a female Stabilizer.

warbeak2099
01-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Yes, the tank will need a regular pin-valve not a regulator. I'd get the fiberwrapped tank with an anti-siphon, on/off valve and a palmers stabilizer. That'd be an optimum set-up for co2 use.

Skoad
01-25-2004, 06:49 PM
dont' think palmers would work with my setup.

i may try a friends remote instead of an alternate reg, just to see if i actually need one.

warbeak2099
01-26-2004, 06:55 AM
Why wouldn't a palmers work? They have a model for almost every kind of use imagineable.

sneakyhacker420
01-26-2004, 10:26 AM
ok, the 4500 maxflo's won't work with Co2

smart parts still makes some of the older 3000psi systems, which are kind of like an impulse maxflo

they have the on-gun reg, and the large fiber c02 tank with a standard on/off valve on it, you screw it onto the on-gun maxflo reg, and voila! you have a co2 maxflo system

to fill it, just unscrew it from the reg and take it to any fill station like a regular tank

and the best part is if you buy the tank directly from SP, they pre-install an anti-siphon matched to the threading of the ASA, or the on-gun bottomline max flo in this case, so that it is alwasy pointing upwards

Skoad
01-26-2004, 10:56 AM
whoops, yea im sure one of the palmers will work, i must have been thinkin of something else.