PDA

View Full Version : well i screwed up......big time....

chunk_daddy
01-25-2004, 11:07 PM
ok this is what happend, my team and i have been playing in a leauge at our local park and we had the last event tonight, we go there the paint sux so we do bad our first game, they changed out paint and after that we were fine paint wise but my matrix dosen't like the cold and it was like 40 in side, ne way i used my team mates angel and he used his cocker, it comes down to the last game of prelims we needed 60 points, we break out as planed but a guy on their team goes snake and if i stayed where i was i was gonna get shot so i ran bunkerd 2 kids and then shot the guy in the snake in the back of the head by this time i wasn't really thinking ne more and i went over grabed the flag and ran....but i ran back to our side...my team didn't stop me they were screaming but i didn't hear them........so i pretty much screwed us out of finals.....we still got second over all but we could have and should have gotten first, me andn my other team mate let it go but the other one is still upset at me and i just keep telling him that it was a small tourny and didn't really matter and theres nothing i can do, i really wish i would just not of touched the flag

ZAust
01-25-2004, 11:09 PM
well, shiz happens, but always remember, run-on sentences are preventable!!

dcmander
01-25-2004, 11:13 PM
So you get more points if you eliminate the whole team and don;t touch the flag?? Why do teams always do that last then after they eliminate all the other players? like in NPPL..

Sorry i don't know the rules.

Thanks.

Mossman
01-25-2004, 11:21 PM
i believe he hung the flag on the wrong side. Eliminating 3 guys and hanging the flag definately would have got them the 60 points they needed :)

speedyejl
01-25-2004, 11:23 PM
No, sounds like he was playing centerflag and you have to take it to your OPONENTS side to get points for a hang. What was it a 5 or 3man? Sounds like you would have got 25points for elims and 25 for the pull, ouch 10points out.

PaintSkater00
01-26-2004, 12:02 AM
Yeah that paint was terrible. My team lost our thrid person so we didnt get to play that day. I didnt stay to long because the building was like -30 degrees but I saw your guys first game.

I was the kid with the rt-pro and warp you were talking to. Yeah that day was horrible, to cold and the paint was terrible. Sorry to hear that guys that really sux.

Caffiend
01-26-2004, 01:03 AM
sucks to hear that man, but you can always blame your teammates for not shooting you before you hung the flag:)

Bolter
01-26-2004, 09:08 AM
unlucky chap. Learn from it, and don't do it again!

:D

chunk_daddy
01-26-2004, 10:58 AM
it was a 3 man, i ran around bunkered them all and then got the flag and hung it on our side when i was supposed to hang it on the other side. each person we shoot is 10 points, each pull is 20 (which they got) and each hang is 50 so we actully missed it by 30 points.

thecavemankevin
01-26-2004, 05:11 PM
http://www.neonspeed.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/lol_hitting.gif

JEDI
01-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by dcmander
So you get more points if you eliminate the whole team and don;t touch the flag?? Why do teams always do that last then after they eliminate all the other players? like in NPPL..

Sorry i don't know the rules.

Thanks.
Hanging the flag will end the game - opponents shot or not - You get more points if you eliminate all your opponents, and then hang the flag.
But I guess in his case, he hung the flag on the wrond end. Which I dont think should matter... The clock should keep running if you hang the flag on the wrong side.

chunk_daddy
01-26-2004, 08:49 PM
thats what i would think.......but it was said clear in the meeting, so there was nothing i could do

01-26-2004, 08:52 PM
They actually prepared for the situation like that in the meeting? Its a dumb mistake but at the tourny i played in on sunday I shot my own player in the back of the head when he was in the 50. But we still won the game.

coolcatpete
01-26-2004, 09:48 PM
was this at headrush if so who won I know a bunch of people that were in that and I ws supose to be there but I cold nmake it.
Pete

chunk_daddy
01-26-2004, 10:20 PM
check the site..... www.headrush.com

RobAGD
01-27-2004, 12:12 AM
Youteam mates hsould have just shot you. Simple enough I have had to do that to some new kids on my team :) They get allexcited and loose thier mind Hhehehe

-Robert