PDA

View Full Version : Emag problems, oi!

Duke Henry
01-26-2004, 08:51 AM
Hello, I wanted to see if I could get some help fixing two problems with my good old Emag.

1. I installed a logic blade trigger according to the instructions from individuals here without any problems. However, I have noticed that if I have to take the valve off (and therefore put it in manual, turn safety off, and pull trigger) - I cannot get the valve to pop back. I have to take the body off. So, I imagine the pin is not being depressed to eject the valve. Ideas?

2. (Don't know if this is related) - I couldn't get my gun to consistently shoot at all at a recent tournament. If there was no paint loaded, the gun would fire quite consistently. However, if I slapped paint into the breach, the LX would kick in, and just "psst psst" away. Originally, I would have to pull 3 times or so every once and a while to get off a single shot (this is before I installed the logic trigger). When I used it recently, it continued in this manner, but now will not fire the paintball at all. The LX just kicks in consistently. I tried multiple LX configurations, none with any luck. I took out all shims, slapped in the longest spring most recently (current setup) and haven't touched the gun since.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Duke Henry
01-26-2004, 11:46 PM
Anyone have any ideas?

cphilip
01-27-2004, 12:58 AM
I got a couple.

Not certain of the trigger issue. But could you have an adjustment of the magnet issue? Is it firing in Manual fine? thats a tip off of that kind of thing.

Also the rest of it sounds like a sticking Reg to me. Oil the reg assembly directly by accessing it through the back of the valve. And then recheck the on off. Oil that directly too. Sometimes things are coincidental and throw you off the real issue. Go back to the basics and go through them all. Go through all the settings and tolerances and see if something has losened and slipped. Something that you would not expect. Never assume anything is related to just what you did. Sometimes that can fool ya. Check it all!

BlackVCG
01-28-2004, 11:26 AM
The valve issue is because the trigger isn't adjusted properly. To take the valve out, you need to put it in manual mode and pull the trigger. If this doesn't push the on/off pin far enough in to pull the valve out, adjust the top screw that touches the trigger rod on your logic trigger until it pushes the rod back far enough.

Do you have a ULE body on your gun or is it the standard SS body?

If you have a SS body, your barrel might be dragging on the bolt and that is causing the LX to kick in. If the barrel wasn't bored on center, it will drag on the bolt because of its sensitivity and the increased diameter.

Duke Henry
01-28-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
The valve issue is because the trigger isn't adjusted properly. To take the valve out, you need to put it in manual mode and pull the trigger. If this doesn't push the on/off pin far enough in to pull the valve out, adjust the top screw that touches the trigger rod on your logic trigger until it pushes the rod back far enough.

Do you have a ULE body on your gun or is it the standard SS body?

If you have a SS body, your barrel might be dragging on the bolt and that is causing the LX to kick in. If the barrel wasn't bored on center, it will drag on the bolt because of its sensitivity and the increased diameter.
I imagined the problem was the trigger regarding the valve, since it would push up far enough.

Regarding the LX - I suppose it could be the barrel but I have used the same barrel for over a year and the problem has just came up. I will have to investigate further!

Thanks