PDA

View Full Version : A question of Tolerances and Triggers

tyrion2323
01-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Dear Tom, Techs, or anyone who can help me out:

Here's a problem that I have been trying to solve. I currently have a Single-DYE trigger frame on my classic valve'd mag. I am upgrading to an xValve and a Dallara Body, and would like to get a double-fingered trigger frame to up my BPS.

One of my sponsors, Fear Factory Paintball, said that they could simply chop off the old trigger guard and pop on a new one which would allow a double trigger. My first question is such: Are DYE frames bad for the sear/rod? A strange conversation with SneakyHacker led me to believe that the DYE frame is somehow bad for the marker.

Secondly, what are the requirements for a new trigger itself? I want the new trigger to look something like this:
Dye Trigger (http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1774_154852801)

What could make this design work?

Thank you guys,

Jacob

Havoc_online
01-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Dye Frames SUCK. not made properly.

slushee
01-27-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
Dye Frames SUCK. not made properly.

I have to disagree :)

Originatlly DYE was having an issue with tolerances with all of their products, Barrels, Drops, frames, etc...

They have worked out MOST Of the problems including the Automag frames. I bought one, bolted it on, stuck on the dye grips, and it worked like a charm. Short sweet trigger pull. Plus it's dye, it looks unbelievable...

out..