PDA

View Full Version : MPP Brothers in Arms (SoCal)

lbonettosd
01-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Is any one going to the "Brother in Arms" scenario @ Jungle-Island in March? Just trying to see how these scenario games are played. (it'll be my first scenario) And I wanted to see how many AO'ers might be there.

abaez
01-26-2004, 10:50 PM
I'll be there for sure.

cabldawg
01-26-2004, 11:28 PM
yep, I'll be there too

lbonettosd
01-27-2004, 04:35 PM
What can I expect from one of these events? Should I make sure that the people that are going up there with me register the same time I do?

cabldawg
01-27-2004, 08:55 PM
you should pre-register. you can sign up as a team (even if your just group of friends) that way you will be put on the same side. if you've never played a Scenario, talk with some of the more experienced teams. We're always willing to help. Read the the rules, if ya don,t fully understand them ask.

lbonettosd
01-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Now do we all have to preregister at the same time, or as long as we put down the same team name that we'll be on the same side? Also when is the best time to get there? I see that they are allowing camping on friday night, is it advisable to do so? BTW I checked out your website Cable...Pretty Cool.

abaez
01-28-2004, 02:13 PM
It would be helpful to pre reg at the same time, much less paperwork for them and you. Last time I went I registered sat morning and they grumbled about putting all 3 of us on the same team and making them uneven but we convinced them. So you might have a problem with people registering late. Just do it as soon as possible.

cabldawg
01-28-2004, 08:56 PM
you can send in pre reg seperate just make sure you have the same team name on the form, that way your group will all be together. As for fri night that is when ya get to walk around and meet everybody. you can walk the field find your general and let him know your group is there and ask if he has anything special he may want your group to do IE: missions, Hammer squad, base security

p8ntball72
02-01-2004, 07:09 PM
southwest voodoo will be there in june..

hey cabldawg have you played a millennium event before,
and will Evil Inc be at the one on June 26&27?

Thanks
www.southwestvoodoo.com

Waffleman
02-10-2004, 11:53 AM
You can go here for more information. http://www.mppgames.com/
Im still forming my 5 man team and trying to get them squared away, they also have forums at the mppgames so you can check rules, pics, and all the other information to be had.

Jack & Coke
02-12-2004, 06:22 PM
I'm seriously thinking about going... looks like fun!:)

http://mppgames.com/images/temp/FrontPage-M.jpg

http://www.mppgames.com/images/scen/BIA-w-overlord.jpg

http://www.mppgames.com/images/scen/BIA-w-overlord.gif

1st in the Brothers in Arms Series! Landing Craft, Long-Range Artillery, Real Armored Cars, Paintball Flame Throwers, Special Effects! Super Prize Drawing!
at Jungle Island PB 1-800-jungle / 909-461-8932 in South Corona, CA

http://www.jungle-island.com/images/tanks/default.htm

Jack & Coke
02-16-2004, 02:32 AM
Check out the new upgraded fields at Jungle-Island!

http://www.jungle-island.com/images/jungle_island.pdf

March 13 is gonna be fun! :)

lbonettosd
02-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Man I can't wait for that weekend! It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Hey Jack & Coke do you play on a scenario team or anything?

Jack & Coke
02-16-2004, 03:21 PM
nope... It'll be my first scenario game! :)

cabldawg
02-16-2004, 03:36 PM
lbonettosd and Jack and coke
stop by the Evil Inc camp and visit. your welcome to run with us if ya'd like
another 2 AOer's soon to be converted to scenario

lbonettosd
02-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Cool I'll stop by for sure. I'll be getting up there late Friday afternoon to set up camp and register. When is everyone else thinking about getting there?

cabldawg
02-16-2004, 04:05 PM
we'll be there fri afternoon

orpheos
02-19-2004, 05:46 PM
No sure if The Taken will be at this one, but may swing up to say hi to some friends. We'll definately be at the game in Escondido.

Jack & Coke
02-19-2004, 06:00 PM
man, I'm bummed... I just found out my friend's bachelor party is that weekend! Looks like I'm going to miss this one... :(

Looks like I'm going to have to suck it up and drag myself through a whole day's worth of golf, booze, food, and strippers, instead of pretending to be in WWII while shooting paintballs at people while yelling, "INCOMING!".

Dagnabit!

lbonettosd
02-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Sorry to hear that Jack, but it's 2 weeks away and I can't wait!!! I just hope to get my X-valved Mini finished by then.

lbonettosd
03-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Down to 1 week before the "invasion":) , the X-valved mini is tuned, got 2 cases paint ordered and man am I stoked about going to war. I'm also just moving this post up to see if there are any other SoCal AO'ers that will be going to Jungle Island March 13 & 14. Cable hope to see you there (BTW are you camping in the front or back lot?) and Jack, well enjoy the bachelor party.

cabldawg
03-04-2004, 04:30 PM
we should be in the back area.

Jack & Coke
03-04-2004, 04:45 PM
you guys gonna take pics?

lbonettosd
03-04-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm going to try to REMEMBER to take pictures, but I always seem to get caught up in playing and forget to. But I am going to try.

abaez
03-04-2004, 08:13 PM
I took my camera last time but always forgot to snap pics. I will this time for sure while in the tank and stuff.

lbonettosd
03-04-2004, 08:18 PM
hey abaez,
you'll get to be reunited with your ratco gear bag :D

acropilot19
03-04-2004, 11:39 PM
$65-$75 for a case of Paint?
OUCH!
That on top of the Reg fee & air & stuff.
Seems a little stiff to me.
Is it worth it?
I've never done Scenarios before & this would be a hard sell to the Boss (wife).

abaez
03-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Just buy one case and conserve. I've never really had a problem. It is also most definately worth it if you have never been to one.

cabldawg
03-05-2004, 12:34 AM
look at it this way, ya get to play saturday, saturday night and sunday. then when it's all over you get a chance to have your number drawn and win a prize.
I read this quote on a t-shirt at a game
" I don't know you but since we're at a scenario game, we must be friends" you'll find this to be a very true statemnet
so get your hall pass and come be somebody else for the week end

lbonettosd
03-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Hey Acro-
The only reason I bought 2 cases was that I'm taking a friend with me. From what I have gathered from all of the forums, it's not like a constant speedball game. There will be times when you have to throw some paint, but most of the people that I've talked to said that a case is enough paint for the weekend. If you add it all the fees up you're looking at $125 w/ air. Which isn't too bad considering I usually end up spending $55 on case of paint, $20 on field fees/air and about $10 on food and drinks. So thats $85 dollars for like a 6 hour day of playing. Well at any rate, I hope to see you out there Acropilot. Hey abaez, where are you going to be camping (front or back lot)? I was thinking, that if cabledawg and his team don't mind, that we get all of the AO'ers to run a mission or 2 with Evil Inc., what do you guys think?

PS - Acropilot, don't forget tomorrow is the last day to pre-register!!!!

acropilot19
03-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Hmmmm....
***Thinks hard for way to sell to Boss (Wife)***
Hmmmm....

lbonettosd
03-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Use the Jack n the Box Defense....

"You want me to be happy,,, don't you ???" :)

Then tell her (while begging) its only a little more expensive than a regular paintball outing.

NIghtStalker001
03-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Nightstalkers will be there.See you guys fri night.

edweird
03-12-2004, 03:52 AM
Ill be there also... riding in with Spot from Evil inc tommrow

Sydarm in tow :P

Evil Preacher
03-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Hello,

This is Preacher, captain of Evil Inc.

Any AO member that wants to run with us is more then welcome to join us. Just be sure to request to play along side of Evil Inc.

Just come and find the Evil Inc. banner or look for us before the game. We will be standing out just a little bit.

Hope to see you guys there.

edweird
03-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Yeah Preach is a tough one to miss... here is a pick from our trip to Texas Throwdown

http://www.clarebenavides.com/Throwdown/images/P1010023.jpg

abaez
03-12-2004, 02:15 PM
What team will you guys be?

Evil Preacher
03-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Don't know. MPP's being a bit weird. First a list got posted of who was where, now they're saying it'll be assigned on game day. Your best bet is probably to tell them you're with AO and want to play with the other AGD teams. Shouldn't be a big problem.

Burphel (posting from casa del preacher)