PDA

View Full Version : Why no SS screws on an Intelliframe

JEDI
01-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Whats that saying - The Whole is only as good as the sum of its parts - or something like that.

So I have this beautiful all ULE mag, gloss black, light as a feather.... and a nice RUSTY GRIP FRAME SCREW. Whats the deal? I've owned the mag for a week. Its barely seen the light of day. Why doesn't such an awesome grip frame come with SS screws? Seems kind of cheap.

Lemme guess... the only place you can get SS screws is from small tribe in Africa, that produces them in batches of 2 per year... and OH! they just went out of business.

Please essplain. :rolleyes:

soccer4minimags
01-26-2004, 05:39 PM
Are you supposed to use ss? I thought your not supposed to thread something stronger (ss) into something softer (Al) so you don't mess up the threads.
I've never really payed attention to what my screws are made of, but I don't have a rust problem.

SaS
01-26-2004, 06:03 PM
that makes sense soccer..... you would cross the threads too easily and that would be it.... rethread or new frame for you

Tunaman
01-26-2004, 06:16 PM
The Nickel intellis come with stainless screws...they are available.;)

BajaBoy
01-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by soccer4minimags
Are you supposed to use ss? I thought your not supposed to thread something stronger (ss) into something softer (Al) so you don't mess up the threads.
I've never really payed attention to what my screws are made of, but I don't have a rust problem.

The field strip screw is SS i believe..(Al xvalve) and i think the frame screw is just steal.

JEDI
01-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
The Nickel intellis come with stainless screws...they are available.;)

Ahh! I read you loud and clear good buddy. ;)

Bad_Dog
01-26-2004, 08:20 PM
anyhow, is steel not harder than aluminum?:p steel screws or stainless steel screws, either way both metals are harder than aluminum...

Creative Mayhem
01-26-2004, 10:01 PM
My nickle ygrip didnt come with an SS frame screw. Whatsupwidat?!?!

soccer4minimags
01-26-2004, 10:19 PM
same here? Maybe its just intelliframe for some reason?

kenndogg
01-27-2004, 06:51 AM
you know that you can always go to the hardware store an pick up a couple for like a buck.

AGD
01-27-2004, 03:49 PM
I'll tell you EXACTLY why we don't ship stainless socket head cap screws with ANY of our products! 13 years ago we did and every single one of them got stripped out by agressive use of an allen wrench. HUNDREDS came back and we had to cut and pry them off.

Never again, use them at your own risk!

AGD

JEDI
01-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by AGD
I'll tell you EXACTLY why we don't ship stainless socket head cap screws with ANY of our products! 13 years ago we did and every single one of them got stripped out by agressive use of an allen wrench. HUNDREDS came back and we had to cut and pry them off.

Never again, use them at your own risk!

AGD

:( Oh.... see, that's what you get when you order stuff produced by small tribes in Africa... Hahaha :D

Tunaman
01-27-2004, 10:14 PM
...I think he is referring to the grip screws. On the Y grips they use the Hogue grips which take the round heads . The Intellies with the Dye grips take the flatheads. I believe the black flatheads used in the Intelliframes have rusted and he wonders why they werent stainless. I am sure AGD doesn't use the shiny ones in the black frames because they dont match color wise....:confused: ;)

dyst0pia
01-27-2004, 10:45 PM
my black intelli appears to have ss hex screws in it...