PDA

View Full Version : Second regulator?

Bond
01-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Hey guys,

I just purchased a RT pro Custom(Havent recieved it yet), and this is goin to be the first time that i use Compressed air/Nitro instead of C02.

What advantages or disavantages would having a second regulator other then one on the gun valve it self?

I have a 3000psi 48cu tank with a valve and pressure gauge on it, how do you know what pressure is coming out of the tank and into the gun? The gauge thats on the tank only shows how much is left in it. Is there a normal guide line that these tanks run at? I'm sure its not the full 3000psi is it? If so the gun cant handle that can it?

Thanks,
Bond

i_baked_cookies
01-26-2004, 10:47 PM
there are three types of tanks

low pressure
high pressure
adjustable

lowpressure- pressure exiting the tank is ~450

highpressure- pressure exiting the tank is ~800

adjustable- well, adjustable

the pressure of the tank (ie, 3000PSI) is the pressure that the tank is designed to hold, not put out. a 4500 tank will get more shots than a 3000 tank. likewise, a 68ci tank will get more shots than a 45 ci because 68ci is more than 45ci.

all automags, emags, etc. have a regulator built in, and all nitro tanks do too. a thrid regulator is too much. you dont need it.

athomas
01-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Well put.

You would actually be adding a third regulator. The mag has a regulator built in plus there is one on the output of the bottle. Adding another would be three regs. It would just serve to add flow restriction in the line.