PDA

View Full Version : Boca man sues steakhouse, claiming potato burn

p8ntball1016
01-26-2004, 08:33 PM
By Alex Clifton, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Saturday, January 17, 2004

First, it was hot coffee. Now, it's a baked potato.

A Boca Raton man, in a lawsuit filed this week in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, claims his esophagus was damaged by a scorching spud he ate in January 2003 at the Raindancer Steak House in West Palm Beach.

Thomas Gould is seeking unspecified damages, but at least $10,000 in medical bills for a two-day stay in an intensive-care unit, said Steven Falk, his Miami-based lawyer. Falk would not say which hospital provided the treatment.

"He couldn't even swallow," Falk said. "The potato basically melted his esophagus."

The rest at... http://www.palmbeachpost.com/business/content/auto/epaper/editions/saturday/business_0480db7c07c8f11500b3.html

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-26-2004, 08:43 PM
I guess we are going to have to put warning labels on potatoes now...rolleyes:

p8ntball1016
01-26-2004, 08:44 PM
WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EAT POTATO:rolleyes:

Bad_Dog
01-26-2004, 08:48 PM
lol, little toothpics with warning signs on them, just like the coffee...

FalconGuy016
01-26-2004, 08:52 PM
I think thats a bit more serious. I'd be pretty pissed off if the inside of my throat was MELTED, I mean, stupid for trying to swallow it, but isnt that still a little hot? 2 days in INTENSIVE care?

painball
01-26-2004, 08:57 PM
I call shenanigans *arms broom*

spazzed
01-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Idiocy, pure & simple.

Guy: Hey look at the exorbitant amount of steam rolling forth from my potato! YUM :D :proceeds to rapidly engulfe said spud:

Bah :rolleyes:

PyRo
01-26-2004, 09:54 PM
If its hot wait for the damn thing to cool down. Moron.

bsusigep18
01-26-2004, 11:57 PM
here's my question for this guy...how does anything that hot get all the way to your esophagus without you realizing its that hot. if i put anything hot near my lips my body won't let me put it in my mouth...and even if im so hungry that i MUST swallow a potato whole, i don't think it'd get past the back of my mouth without me realizing that it was going to burn the crap out of me. seriously...you deserve your esophagus melted.

Chojin Man
01-26-2004, 11:58 PM
Next thing you know they will have to put warning signs on the burners of stoves. WARNING BURNERS THAT SPEW FIRE MIGHT BE HOT!! or those candles on your table at a resturant. WARNING FIRE IS HOT!!! idiots

Restola
01-27-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
I think thats a bit more serious. I'd be pretty pissed off if the inside of my throat was MELTED, I mean, stupid for trying to swallow it, but isnt that still a little hot? 2 days in INTENSIVE care?
So says his lawyer.

The statement needs to be run through a "truth-filter" before it can really be understood.

PyRo
01-27-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by bsusigep18
here's my question for this guy...how does anything that hot get all the way to your esophagus without you realizing its that hot. if i put anything hot near my lips my body won't let me put it in my mouth...and even if im so hungry that i MUST swallow a potato whole, i don't think it'd get past the back of my mouth without me realizing that it was going to burn the crap out of me. seriously...you deserve your esophagus melted.

Thats so true its hilarious :)