PDA

View Full Version : My mag has a problem

Techpriest
09-13-2001, 06:19 PM
my mag has a problem, I"m pretty sure I know what it is, but just wanted to make sure. I'm having serios velocity problems, the people at the local arena chronied it for me and it wouldn't come below 400fps sick eh? I dunno what technique they where using but I don't think it matters really. I assume that this is regulator seat, the bastards also clipped my spring, not realizing that mags are blow FORWARD, thinking that that would help the velocity issue, rrrrrrrrggggggggggggg. allwell, much bigger concerns in the world this week than my marker not working. I'd also like to say that we canadians stand behind the US in whatever actions you choose, but PLEASE don't just pick a random small country to take your anger out on, choose the real agressors. In any case, my marker is still under the 90 day warranty, so I assume that factory is the place to send it? or should I take it to the store I bought it from and let him deal with it? thanks in advanced everyone

Yama
09-13-2001, 06:35 PM
clip the spring.... dam that would piss me off.

Techpriest
09-13-2001, 06:40 PM
lol, ya, I was pretty ticked, by the way, does yama refer to yamaha? the crazy company that makes fun toys?

Yama
09-13-2001, 06:57 PM
ya it does refer to yamaha. My dad is a big Yamaha snomobile guy, hes kida obsesed, we have too many toys. me and my friends go snowmobiling a lot. Do u snowmobile?

Techpriest
09-13-2001, 07:03 PM
I live for 2 things, paintball, and my sled. My uncle is a dealer up here in Canada, I wear the tuning fork ball cap everywhere I go. I'm running the cosdra grass drag circuit actually, I run a 99 sx500. I love my sled alot, I've ran a yamaha since '92 quite a feet considering I was only born in '85, my first snowmobile ride, was in my first winter, and I'm a january baby, yee haw, been into it ever since man.

how do ya post pics here? I'll post one of my sled if it's relativly easy.

P.S. she's running in the 500 stock class, 500 feet drag (straight track) she's pulling 7.1 seconds, and 66 mph trap speed. much fun, but I aint done soupin her yet :)

Yama
09-13-2001, 07:23 PM
u got a 99 sx 500,I got a 1997 V-max XTC 500. We got the same motors. What do u have all tweaked on ur motor???? all i got is a Bender silencer and a 1 tooth less gear.

do a search on posting pics there should be some stuff on that.

Techpriest
09-13-2001, 07:37 PM
I dropped the gears 3 teeth (sick eh?) changed the helix, and both springs, had to change my chain, ummmm, I"m gonna shave the cylender heads and advance the timing. I also threw a shim in the clutch, and dropped the suspension. My engagement is up around 5500rpm right now, that's the limit for amateur classes. needless to say, she's a total drag machine, when I set her back for winter, I"m gonna leave my engagement as is, or a little lower (pull the shim maybe)and throw the gears one tooth tall, my goal is to have her running with my dads 97 sx700. If I do all that, it should, but not at like, the 30km/hr speeds (that engagement would SHRED my belt) still though, I never go that slow neways. Where you from man? I'm racing this weekend up in canada and every 2 weeks up here somewhere, I can get you dates if you want.

XTC is the reverse, electric, crazy one right? I saw one like that out back my uncles place, nice sleds. What do you think of that engine? ours will be the same.

Yama
09-13-2001, 07:55 PM
no the XTC stands for extra travel comfort i think, and it does not have reverse or electric start. it just has a different back suspension. I use to have a 1999 Pazer 500 and me and my dad put a clutch kit in it, Boyseen reeds, and a smaller gear. and that thing would beat the XTC and my dads 1999 sx 600 of the start.:D I live in Kasson,Minnesota.

Also another thing... My dad bought a V-max4 750 (it was a good deal so we bought it) and we need a clutch for it. Do u know of any places that has one???

Techpriest
09-13-2001, 08:13 PM
ya, I used to have a phazer, they can fly, but as for the vmax-4 ya, I can set you up with a clutch kit for her, what all do you need? my uncle has 2 apart at his shop right now, I'm sure he can get you some clutch stuff, not a problem, if you don't know what you need, just send a pic, I can figure it out for ya.

Techpriest
09-13-2001, 08:16 PM
ya, phazers R torque little devils, my old one (92, not the 2000) would beat the living crap outa Vmax 4's off the line, despite the fact that they have nearly double the horsepower, lol, lotsa fun :> always good to see the looks on the other guys faces at the end of the track when they beat you by like, a skilength. and you have a 4-5 year old 485 fan, while they running a 750 liquid.

Dubstar112
09-13-2001, 08:19 PM
My dad is sponsered by artic cat..., he was number one in the nation for snowmobile drag racing, then he broke his back and is just starting to race again.

Nick Washburn 111x Alpine racing

Techpriest
09-13-2001, 08:24 PM
what class was he running man? what kind of sled, I wanna know this, Tcat 1000 I would assume, they can be sweet if dialed in right

Techpriest
09-14-2001, 07:26 PM
I'm off to the drags, can somebody leave me a response before I get back (monday). I mean as to the mag problem, not the sleds :> yama, if you're still interested in that vmax 4 clutch, I'll be talking to my uncle this weekend, so I can let you now monday whether he's got one or not.