PDA

View Full Version : Emag and valve questions

Endorphyn
01-26-2004, 09:56 PM
I got a geat deal on an Emag and it should be arriving soon. I currently have an Automag with X-valve and ULT. I have a couple questions;

1) I want to put my X-valve in my Emag and put my emag valve in my Automag, will I have any problems with this?

2) Will I be able to use the ULT trigger on the X-valve in the Emag, will it benefit me at all? If not, would I use the original on/off from the X-valve or the on/off from the Emag valve?

3) I know that the ULT won't fit the Emag valve, if I put my Emag valve in my Automag would I be able to use the on/off that comes with the Emag valve in my Automag?

Thanks

acropilot19
01-26-2004, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Endorphyn
[B]I got a geat deal on an Emag and it should be arriving soon. I currently have an Automag with X-valve and ULT. I have a couple questions;

1) I want to put my X-valve in my Emag and put my emag valve in my Automag, will I have any problems with this?

I just did this with my Emag (though I dont have the ULT). You will need to swap the on/off pins & take the "Quad O-ring" from your Emag Valve & swap it with the O-ring that is in its place in the Xvalve. The Quad O-ring is the small Black O-ring that seals the tip of your on/off pin. once you exchang those two items the Xvalve should work fine in your Emag. You may also have to retune your Level X bolt.:eek:
Fear Not!!!
The best way to learn to do this is to do a search (what I did) & you'll find some Great posts on how to do all this stuff.:)
My Xvalve works GREAT in my Emag! I sold the Emag valve so I cant say how it will work in a regular mag tho I dont see why it wouldnt. Heres a pick of my new E/Xmag...It can be done!

acropilot19
01-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Hmmmm...Pics not working...:mad:

acropilot19
01-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Oh well, no picks...:(

...But do a search & you'll get all the info you need.:)

acropilot19
01-26-2004, 10:40 PM
not to keep hoggin the thread, but...

...and if the search dont work- just call the tech department at AGD- they'll set ya straight- they're the experts.

4 posts in a row...is that some kind of record?

Dayspring
01-27-2004, 12:26 AM
#1- switch the on/off pins and make sure the black quad oring goes into the Emag.

#2- No. Don't ULT the Emag. It'll actually slow down the gun. Bad idea.

#3- Yes. Use the Xvalve's on/off pin.

Originally posted by Endorphyn
I got a geat deal on an Emag and it should be arriving soon. I currently have an Automag with X-valve and ULT. I have a couple questions;

2) Will I be able to use the ULT trigger on the X-valve in the Emag, will it benefit me at all? If not, would I use the original on/off from the X-valve or the on/off from the Emag valve?

3) I know that the ULT won't fit the Emag valve, if I put my Emag valve in my Automag would I be able to use the on/off that comes with the Emag valve in my Automag?

Thanks

athomas
01-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Endorphyn

Thanks

Does the emag valve use only one 0-ring above the on/off top? If so, then you are doomed to use only the original X-valve on/off (.750")pin in the emag valve for the automag. Make sure you change the quad o-ring for a urethane one. If the emag valve uses two o-rings, then you can use the ULT in the emag valve in the automag.

Endorphyn
01-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the help guys. My Emag should be here tomarrow so I'll do that.

Another quick question: I'm going to put a ULE body on my emag, would the polished emag body fit on my automag? It currently has the ugly stock grey body and the emag body would look better then that. ;)

athomas
01-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Yes, the emag body will fit the standard automag rail. Check the pim length though. The pim is the threaded piece on the bottom that the grip frame screws into. Sometimes the pims on the emag bodys are a little longer than ones on the automag bodies. It doesn't matter on the emag rails which are drilled a little deeper, but on an automag rail they can bottom out. If yours bottoms out, just file a bit off the pim.