PDA

View Full Version : Qustion on paintballs

David
09-13-2001, 08:27 PM
Ok, heres the deal. I am a vegan, meaning I dont eat or use any animal products. I am not here to complain or talk philosiphy or anything, just simply have a question. I asked various paintball manufacturers if their paintballs were made free of gelatin or any other animal product. One customer service person told me that their paintballs werent, but airgun designs made gelatin free paintballs. I went to their web site and saw no paintballs anywhere.

My question is, do airgun designgs (or any other paintball manufaturer that any of you may know about) make paintballs gelatin free?

Any info is greatly appreciated.:)

jas142
09-13-2001, 08:30 PM
I am 99% sure that AGD does not make paintballs, but I will leave this up to a mod or an AGD employee or if we're lucky enough, Tom to answer. But I'm almost positive the do not.

David
09-13-2001, 08:34 PM
hehe ok :) thanks for the reply. I would have just left it at that since it didnt seem they made any paintballs, but the customer service women told me differently. I started not to believe her when I looked at the web site for a while. Thanks for the conformation.

Skyssx
09-13-2001, 08:40 PM
RP Scherer advantage shells are made of silicon, that is the only non gelatin paint capsule in existance. Too bad for you that they suck. AGD makes perfect circle training balls, hard nylon balls, not paintballs.

Army
09-13-2001, 08:43 PM
The AGD designed "paintballs" are not sold to the public. Mr. Kaye has helped the law enforcement community by producing specialized balls filled with Pepper Spray, indelible dye, stinky stuff, and solid balls designed to break glass, but none with paint!

The shells are made of plastic so as to better handle the rigors of police work and to have a long shelf life.

Some actual paintballs are now being made of a vegetable starch, and do not utilize the gelatin made from animal parts (that would have been wastefully thrown away otherwise).
:cool:

David
09-13-2001, 09:00 PM
Skyssx, thanks for the info, but I cant seem to find the RP scherer advantage anywhere. I went to the RPS main site, but I cant find the specfic paint balls. Might they have a different name? Or possibley the site hasnt been up dated and these are fairly common pantballs I could find in most paintball retailers?

Skyssx
09-13-2001, 09:20 PM
All of RPS's paint uses the advantage shell now. It bounces like crazy tho.

David
09-13-2001, 09:24 PM
Ahh, I see. As you can see I dont know too much about this whole paintball thing. Thank you sooo much for this, when I tell my friends this they are going to be fairly happy:)

AGD
09-13-2001, 09:35 PM
David,

Yes our sister company Perfect Circle Painballs makes non gelatin paintballs. Unfortunatly for you they are not something you can use to play the game. ALL consumer paintballs use some percentage gelatin, even the new "dry" paintballs from RPS. Unless you want to pay 16 cents each you are out of luck.

AGD

slayer
09-14-2001, 09:46 AM
RP sherer makes Marbelizer, El Tigre, All Stars (including the infamous evils), and PMI. I may have left a type out but you can find them at just about any online store and most paintball stores.