PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal for the ULT to leak below 700psi?

speedyejl
01-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Well my Custom RTP came today took it out with about 2000psi wasted about 1000psi shooting paint and dryfiring. Went back in and took apart the mag to marvel at the ULT (after going 3mags including an Xmag this was something new for me).

After reassembling the Mag only fired 3shots then the sear didn't fully move foward, the bolt began to leak and vent(sear didn't catch it obviously) and sort of same patteren over and over, needed to push bolt back to catch over sear.

Is this the fault of something else or just having a low input. My tank read 800psi about and I'm sure after passing through the tanks reg (850psi crossfire) it went down to around 700psi. Thanks just want to make sure when I get to the feild it will be happy on a full tank.

BlackVCG
01-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Well, since it's a brand new gun that isn't broke in yet, that's a possibility.

Just make sure that your field strip screw is fully tightened with an allen wrench and that the ULT bottom piece is still in place. If you just see a small pin coming out of the bottom of the ULT, then you lost the bottom support piece when you took the gun apart.

The best thing to do is just leave it together and go shoot it a bunch to break everything in. Over time, check the tightness of the front frame screw, field strip screw and sear axle pin, but other then that just pu oil through your ASA and run paint through it.