PDA

View Full Version : Transporting Paintball Markers 2 Aruba?

stormdancer88
09-14-2001, 09:23 AM
I have been searching for a way to get my teams markers to Aruba for the tournament next weekend. Fed-ex and UPS both claim they will not ship them internationally. Both organizations say that American Airlines Cargo should take them.

Um, with recent events I called AA and the helpful person said they are changing rules + regs everyday and she didn't know how to do it, or even if we could. I do not feel comfortable walking into JFK airport with my teams Paintball markers, connected or not.

Is anyone going and found a way to get their markers there? Does anyone know of a way to transport them or a shipper that will take them? Any help/information would be greatly appreciated!

Muzikman
09-14-2001, 10:41 AM
Try DHL. They ship mainly international.

dawump
09-14-2001, 10:51 AM
I've started a thread on Domestic travel. The information I have is that as there is still a proceedure for declaring and checking firearms, it would be wise to do the same thing with a paintball gun. I expect though that international travel with firearms is not the same if allowed at all.

Keith

stormdancer88
09-14-2001, 11:17 AM
Who is DHL? I didn't see them in the yellowpages, are they an international shipper or airline?

Muzikman
09-14-2001, 11:27 AM
They are a shipping company that deals with lots of international shippments. www.dhl.com

stormdancer88
09-14-2001, 11:46 AM
Thanks Muzikman, DHL would ship them. Only problem is for them to get there, garuanteed by Thursday night/friday morning they would have had to be at the DHL place yesterday. Now all they can promise is Friday OR Monday.

I am beginning to wonder how they are still going to hold the Tourney there if people can't get their paintball markers down there.

If anyone else hears, figures or knows of a way to get them there please let me know.

stormdancer88
09-14-2001, 12:05 PM
Just got off the phone with an AA supervisor - Dwayne. The following is what you have to do, the post above by dawump touched on it. With the following guidelines AA says they will ship it with you/the plane you are on as check in luggage.

1) The Tank must be de-pressurized and disconnected
2) No paint may be loaded, brought or stored with the marker.
3) You must have the counter attendent made aware of what you are checking and have them visually inspect it themselves.
4) You MUST have it in a self contained piece of luggage/box that is solid and has a lock on it that holds them.
5) Pray that when you get to your destination they are still there.

Hope this helps anyone else, good luck getting to where you all are going.