PDA

View Full Version : Used RT leaking up the barrel

Ken Washlow
01-27-2004, 11:19 PM
:confused: I purchased a 2yr.old Pro team RT with a lvl10 bolt.I played 3 times with it and it started to leak up the barrel.I dont have a owners manual,but I do have C.D.for the bolt.I also have the power tube spacers.The leak stops if I put slight presure on the trigger.How do i stop the air leak?

Dayspring
01-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Air the gun up. Put your finger up against the bolt and push. If it stops/ clicks- remove a shim from the Level 10.

If it changes tone, move down a 1/2 size on the carrier using the SAME oring.

BlackVCG
01-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Pull out all of the shims from the LX setup.

Just unscrew the tip with an end wrench or cresent wrench and use a dental pick or toothpick to pull out the shims and then put the tip back on.

Test it and see if the leak is still there. That should fix it, though.

Onryou
01-28-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm having the same problem but with a classic valve and level 7 bolt. I don't have any extra spacers, do i need to do the same thing or is there a different procedure for the level 7?

BlackVCG
01-29-2004, 11:07 AM
For Level 7 you need the PT spacer kit and you want to put in a spacer that is one size smaller than what you have now. Push on the bolt with a squeegee and see if that stops the leak. If it does, you know for certain that it's a spacer problem. It might be the o-ring too.