PDA

View Full Version : Letter I wrote to my sister-in-law...

Army
09-14-2001, 11:16 AM
She sent me a picture of a Bald Eagle with a tear running down his face, with the WTC burning in the background. Wrong attitude to take with me:

NO! Do not cry for America, get pissed off as hell at the yellow bastards that would do such a heinious act. For too long we have been "getting in touch with our feelings" and this is what has come of it, complacency. We have been stabbed in the back far too many times by the world, even by our "friends".

Now is the time, the same as it was for our fathers and grandfathers, to unleash the might and will of these United States, to destroy all that would be evil rather than democratic and free. You know I am in the Army, and there is a good chance I will be called up, but long ago I swore an oath to defend America and I shall do so with all the power available, and righteousness on my side.

The only means to effect victory over these bastards, is to pound them into dust, for they know nothing of love and kindness. They have known that the world would stand by and do nothing when atrocious acts of inhumanity were conducted, and banked on the same reaction from us. I pray the President Bush musters all forces with all their destructive powers combined, and meets this violent evil with the violence of freedom. For if freedom does not unleash her sword and strike hard, she will forever be a slave to evil.

I am ready to fight, to kill, to free the world of these cretins. They know not but violence, and do not respond to any other means of negotiations. The final political solution to disagreeing nations is war; they began the killing, so we must use all means to revenge the innocent.

Yes, do NOT cry for America, for the sleeping giant has once again been awakened and he is pissed off at the world! So hang a flag, sing the National Anthem loudly, stand proud whenever the flag passes by, and keep in your hearts the memories of the many Americans murdered by evil men.

David Medzyk, SGT. US Army and damn proud American

Load SM5
09-14-2001, 11:40 AM
Amen...

Hasty8
09-14-2001, 12:54 PM
While I do concur that what took place here was a cowardly and heinous act some do feel that had Americas foreigh policy not been such as it is, had we not gotten involved where it might have not been prudent then an attack such as this would not of happened.

Morons.

Thordic
09-14-2001, 01:46 PM
While I would never condone any sort of act remotely like what happened, and as someone who is personally affected by this event (Many friends of my family are firefighters who are were buried in the collapse), if you look at facts, our foreign policy has inargueably escalated the situation in the middle east.

Note, I do not and would NEVER say "justifies" or "led to". There is no conceiveable sequence of actions that could logically justify what just happened. But turning a blind eye to the policies that have caused so much tension is the best way to insure that terrorism will not end.

I realize right now that it is hard to accept the fact that our past (and some would say current) foreign policy is what caused us to be a target, but when the facts are examined, it becomes clear that is the case.

Ignorance is no excuse... after any retaliatory actions take place (which I wholeheartedly support, and would pledge my life to in the country needed it), we should seriously reconsider our current imperialistic foreign policy to avoid inflaming terror groups. They are bad enough as it is without giving them any excuse to dislike us.

If anyone wishes to disagree with the fact we have mishandled many many aspects of the MidEast situation in the past 50+ years, I would be glad to email them a short history lesson.

I have a bad feeling that this may turn into a flame, but I'd rather take abuse than have everyone be unaware of the truth. Hopefully I worded the post in a manner so that no one understands my intention.

zyprex2000
09-14-2001, 07:37 PM
I am totally agree with you, Thordic. I just hope current administration will FINISH the fight this time. I don't want my six-month old son facing the same fear 10 years later. I do not want our pilots patroling no flight zone and still getting shot at. Let's finish what they had started.

zyprex

Muzikman
09-14-2001, 08:01 PM
Zyprex2000,
I think Thordic is comming from a different angle, I think he is not talking about the "Kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out" attitude as much as he is upset with the laws and regulations we have put on these middle east countries. If I read him right, he is talking more about the 30 years (it's not quite 50) of pushing around we have done to these counties. More directly the supplying of Isreal with weapons. But, I take a different look on it than he does. I see nothing wrong with what we have done, I just see that we underestimated their abilities and guts. Something has to be done, I just wish it would not have taken such a tragic event to make people realize this. I have faith that Bush will not make the same mistake his father did.

thecavemankevin
09-14-2001, 08:12 PM
I wondered when i would hear your point of view on this Army. And i am glad i now have. I wish you and every other freedom fighter the best and i pray for you.

SaMpSoN
09-14-2001, 10:01 PM
ARMY i wish you and all of our fellow freedom fights good luck and God bless you all for what you will probly soon do.
Thordic please e-mail me you breif history of the middle east. My dad told me that when i graduate that i might have to fight this inevitable war too, i have no problem with this. I read somthing very distubing today, it was a profecy writen buy Nostradamus for-shadowing the last few days and what they would lead to. feel free look up info on him it migh suprise you how many things he got right. I thought that i would shair this will youall some of you might find it interesting.

Thordic
09-14-2001, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Zyprex2000,
If I read him right, he is talking more about the 30 years (it's not quite 50) of pushing around we have done to these counties. .

Not true.. our involvement goes back to the late 40s when Israel was formed. Our recognition of Israel as a legitimate state in 1949 could technically be considered the first step, although we had involvement a few years earlier through Britain.

http://www.us-israel.org/images/dejure.jpg

2001 - 1949 = 52 years :-)

MNMINIMAG
09-15-2001, 01:48 AM
While I see your point of view, Thordic, I don't think our policies have gone far enough. All we've done is choose a side to manipulate, not really back, just provide enough to make them indebted to us. We need a total commitment in the region, something permanent.
Israel is hated more than we are, they're terrorized daily.
We need to provide peace and stability to the entire region (by force?). We can't continue to; choose a side, provide guns, then walk away when the conflict is over. That's how we created Saddam.
This cycle must end. We are the world superpower. We can make it end... Right after we get through with this reckoning.

MagMan5446
09-15-2001, 06:55 AM
I don't think that we are the world superpower. If Russia and China come together they can kill us themselves.

NATO is more of the world superpower.

We can make what end? Terrorism? That is simply not possible.

Terrorists act because they are fighting for a cause, as stupid as those causes may be. There will always be causes to fight for for these people, and as long as we keep reproducing, terrorists will stay in this world.

What we CAN do is kill the people that aided, committed, harbored, or protected the ENTIRE organization that is responsible. We can't do much else.

Eagle
09-15-2001, 10:01 AM
Russia has already pledged both its moral AND military support to US, not China, who has stayed pretty much quiet on all this save for condemming these acts, and they certainly won't allie themselves with the Taliban who has been thier enemy longer then ours.

MagMan5446
09-15-2001, 10:06 AM
It was just an example by the way.

Thordic
09-15-2001, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by MNMINIMAG
While I see your point of view, Thordic, I don't think our policies have gone far enough. All we've done is choose a side to manipulate, not really back, just provide enough to make them indebted to us. We need a total commitment in the region, something permanent.
Israel is hated more than we are, they're terrorized daily.
We need to provide peace and stability to the entire region (by force?). We can't continue to; choose a side, provide guns, then walk away when the conflict is over. That's how we created Saddam.
This cycle must end. We are the world superpower. We can make it end... Right after we get through with this reckoning.

This is exactly the attitude of Imperialism that got us into trouble in the first place. We consistently choose to impose our will and ideals onto people who do not want them. A heavier-handed imperialistic policy will INCREASE terrorist actions, not lesson them. The harder you hold someone down, the more they will struggle to break free from who they see as the oppressor.

The problem is we often see ourselves as infalliable. We see ourselves as the great democracy, and that we have to "free" other countries as well, and bring them to "civilization". Democracy is letting the people govern themselves, however. Did Libya choose to be a colony of Italy after WW1? Did the Phillipines choose to be run by the US? We often impose OUR will on others, usually with the best of intentions, but in doing so we ignore the wishes of the very people we are trying to help, and that creates enemies. Enemies who can not strike back at us militarily, because we are too powerful. So they turn to alternate methods...

Again, I am not defending terrorism in ANY shape or form. But you cannot deny that the reason we have these enemies is OUR fault. They didn't just wake up one morning and say "Lets hate the U.S.A."

TamaPlaya
09-15-2001, 05:07 PM
Amen, Army. And if you go over there, good luck, and show no mercy, for those bastards, showed no sign of humanity.

Bailey
09-15-2001, 05:39 PM
Amen brother and good luck!
furthermore id like to be by your side and fighting for America

wimag
09-15-2001, 07:57 PM
Russia is just chomping at the bit for us to wail on Aphganistan. They will most likely join in as we complete what they could not succeed at themselves years back.
Imagine that, USA and Russia combined assaults on a bunch of mudhouses.
Army is 100% on the mark.

MNMINIMAG
09-16-2001, 02:21 AM
Thordic, I agree that we have fault in what the Midde East has become. How do we fix it? Stick our head in the sand? Do we turn our back to Israel to appease the followers of the Taliban? Do we just let them fight it out, give them all guns and wish them the best of luck?
I believe that without our influence in the Middle East they'd just kill each other more quickly. It's never been very peaceful area. You use the Phillipines and Libya as examples of the Imperialistic ideas of the US. What about Japan and Germany after WWII? Seems to me their "alternate methods..." turned out pretty well for everyone.
As for the rest of the Imperialistic Ideas we have; who are we applying them to, oppressing, forcing our will on, trying to civilize? Aside from Israel, I don't know of a country in the Middle East that we have any regular involvement with. In the Gulf War we prevented them from becoming involved. Was that wrong?
Osama bin Laden isn't trying to fight American ideas, morals or our "Imperialism" he is trying to end the US support for Israel. Why? So Arabs can get back to killing Arabs again, I guess.