PDA

View Full Version : Faith in odyssey RESTORED!

FutureMagOwner
01-28-2004, 02:40 PM
i cant believe these guys. turns out they got a bad batch of eye sensors when my gun got repaired or upgraded or something and that was what was screwing up the loader!

but they went above and beyond they replaced a bunch of stuff including the shells for FREE (it didnt need it but it says they it had a crack in it probably just a scratch...) i really wasnt expect this i was going to post something like this if it came back and worked but as i said they went above and beyond!

only complaint i could have now is having to sand the feed neck again lol ;) :p :D :)

EDIT: ok maybe i spoke too soon it wont turn on...

Mindflux
01-28-2004, 02:51 PM
I thought mine wouldn't turn on.. until I realised I wasn't pressing the button right. I guess it's one short press, then another press to turn it on?

FutureMagOwner
01-28-2004, 02:53 PM
doesnt seem to be the case. ug is it legal in this situation to send a letter bomb? ;) :p

Mindflux
01-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
doesnt seem to be the case. ug is it legal in this situation to send a letter bomb? ;) :p

I simply don't see how odyssey would replace all these parts and not make sure it turns on. I just don't see a company being that foolish.

FutureMagOwner
01-28-2004, 02:58 PM
apparently they do i cant get this damn thign to turn on when it gets to my house though and i doubt it broke from the ups man being an idiot and throwing it instead of placing it somewhere. (fell into a pile of snow and it was plastic covered)

urge to kill rising...

Rope a Dope
01-28-2004, 03:43 PM
hahaha you got http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/owned9.jpg

Odyssey does it again...

FallNAngel
01-28-2004, 03:51 PM
well, so much for the faith in odyssey being restored ...

:D

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
01-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Did you double check to make sure you put all the batteries in the correct way? I've done that before.

FutureMagOwner
01-28-2004, 04:32 PM
yep done everything i can think of lol

fire1811
01-28-2004, 05:09 PM
odyssey seems to get a lot of bad parts makes me wonder about there Quality Checks?????

did you put batteries in it?? :p

FallNAngel
01-28-2004, 05:29 PM
Personally, I'd take it apart and see if there's anything that came loose. Perhaps the eyes are misaligned and just don't see each other.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
01-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Hmm sounds strange. I can say that I've had 3 dealings with odyssey's customer service. All have been phenominal; they went beyond what I'd expect a company to do. One of the reasons I own AGD products as well. I'm sorry that isn't your case. I'd try taking it apart like fallenangel said. Perhaps it's something easily fixed at home.

RoadDawg
01-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Sometimes turning those things on can be a pain. I still have trouble turning on my Halo A. One short and one quickly after. Becomes a pain in the neck when I'm on the field and I forget to turn it on.

FutureMagOwner
01-28-2004, 07:37 PM
AGHADVASkbmnazsklbfa

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!11

SOMEONE EM PLEH!!!!!!!!

http://wrestle.ru/photo/alsnow/images/02.jpg

tobz
01-28-2004, 07:47 PM
I have a halo B.. and I have tape on mine, and the rubber "button" isn't even in the right place.. It's the most ghetto Halo B around, and it turns on fine.

Here is how I turn mine on:

Push in and hold for about a half a second. The light turns green, and it's on.

Here is how I turn mine off:

Push in and hold the button for about one full second. The light turns red and I let go and it turns off.

Thanks.

T.J.

Mindflux
01-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Yeah, mine turns on that way too sometimes. But I was going with the manuals instructions, quick press, press and hold again to turn on.

Sometimes mine turns on with just one quick hold for a second or two... weird stuff I say.

FutureMagOwner
01-28-2004, 07:54 PM
HOLY CRAP IT WORKS OSHUFISADHMFSMD<@<$@#MTGLSFDGBMDFGLNB!!!! i have no idea i was just poking the button like i normally do (like i try to "out shoot the halo by hitting the button faster then it can loader") and all the sudden it just turned on and i almost had a heart attack (it seriously scared the living bejeesus outta me)

EDIT: ASGHLKASDFJKHJSD@!#$!@%!@!!!! IT WONT TURN ON AGAIN ASMOFGDZOMHWLD!!!1111

Mindflux
01-28-2004, 08:14 PM
HOLY CRAP IT WORKS OSHUFISADHMFSMD<@<$@#MTGLSFDGBMDFGLNB!!!! i have no idea i was just poking the button like i normally do (like i try to "out shoot the halo by hitting the button faster then it can loader") and all the sudden it just turned on and i almost had a heart attack (it seriously scared the living bejeesus outta me)

EDIT: ASGHLKASDFJKHJSD@!#$!@%!@!!!! IT WONT TURN ON AGAIN ASMOFGDZOMHWLD!!!1111

Timmer down Taz.

When I first got my Halo I had a hard time turning it on and off too.. I couldn't get the damn button sequence right.

BWUALFASLDLASLDASDASAUSAHB BLAUH BLAUH BLAUH ME WANT FOOD *spins around like tazmanian devil on cartoon*.

FutureMagOwner
01-28-2004, 08:20 PM
you gotta realize my history with this loader though

halo a. took me a week to figure out how to get it on even after the original owner showed me how.

upgraded to a halo b: worked fine then it caught on fire

i send it in it comes back: broken.......

i get it back again and it doesnt work: try it again it works try it again and it doesnt...

beleive me you go nuts with this stupid button system i really wish they would use a damn flip switch.

OK i think i figured out the problem it seems the thing that connects the battery pack is the problem because when i press down on it some times it will turn on again if i let go of the thing it turns off what should i do to fix that?

cphilip
01-28-2004, 08:30 PM
And who got all persnikety with me when I told him he was turning it on wrong the LAST TIME!

My faith in FutureMagOwner is now restored. :D

FutureMagOwner
01-28-2004, 08:31 PM
hey hey hey hey hey its not my fault lol its not the button its the battery hookup or the thing you put the batteries in i was hitting the button correctly the whole time lol although im guessing this is why it always slipped thru testing and why they suspected the other stuff as well

cphilip
01-28-2004, 08:35 PM
LOL... well then I might have been entirely correct earlier. But no biggie! Glad you got it working. Have fun with it! :)

FutureMagOwner
01-28-2004, 08:39 PM
but its not working lol i need to figure out how to get this connector so it always works and i dont have a soldering iron and dont really feel like violating another warrenty :rolleyes:

ill try and explain it

loader no turn on
loader turn on
loader no turn on
i poke the battery connector (you know the 9 volt thing)

loader turn on

i let go loader turn off

loader not turn on

now im wondering how to get it to always turn on and stay that way

Mindflux
01-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Try maybe hooking up a 9v, take the 6 pack thing off and plug in a 9v.

FutureMagOwner
01-28-2004, 08:52 PM
hmm i see what your getting at... hopefully its just the pack thats screwed up thats easy to replace that wire however is soldered to a bunch of crap and isnt as easy to swap out as it was on my intimidator

EDIT: ok put the 9 volt on it must be the battery pack because the loader worked fine

magking1971
01-28-2004, 11:47 PM
You can get that little thing that holds all of the batteries at any radio shack.
(you know the bundle thing):p

islandboi
01-29-2004, 01:31 AM
you know the evolution 2 could really use an advertising plug here...

SpecialBlend2786
01-29-2004, 01:35 AM
hahahahaha wow this is hilarious.

trxtr
01-29-2004, 02:02 AM
I love my HALO B (upgraded from "A"). The only problem I have is paint gets pushed past the detents on certain markers. Don't use 9 volts (they die way too fast), stick with the 6 double A's.

dinger
01-29-2004, 03:04 AM
halo's take a loong time to turn on when they are cold

FutureMagOwner
01-29-2004, 07:24 AM
lol well in an attempt to ghetto rig it (begin the sighs now, remember i used tooth picks in my intimidator once) i elmers glued the connection that was loose on the battery pack it turns on consistantly atleast and seems to load balls fine lol.

BobTheCow
01-29-2004, 08:01 AM
lol well in an attempt to ghetto rig it (begin the sighs now, remember i used tooth picks in my intimidator once) i elmers glued the connection that was loose on the battery pack it turns on consistantly atleast and seems to load balls fine lol. lol, I honestly laughed out loud when I read that... hey man, whatever works.

Personally I've never had anything wrong with my HALOs, and their customer service has always been excellent. Maybe you're just an idiot...?? :p

Bolter
01-29-2004, 09:47 AM
trxtr I love my HALO B (upgraded from "A"). The only problem I have is paint gets pushed past the detents on certain markers. Don't use 9 volts (they die way too fast), stick with the 6 double A's.

i was told the warp battery pack thing, works rather well also. Jolly good show!! What what!

:p

FutureMagOwner
01-29-2004, 10:11 AM
lol im not an idiot i just have the worst possible luck when it comes to anything with electronics (hence have an emag since it has a mech backup, and will be getting a qloader just because it doesnt have electronics)