PDA

View Full Version : one small question for shartley

fanera17
09-14-2001, 01:55 PM
I see that you know a lot about images and other graphics. Can you please tell me how do you make graphics. Do you draw it? or you use some kind of language or something else.
Thank you.
Vlad

shartley
09-14-2001, 02:16 PM
Now that is a loaded question.

The answer is YES to all your questions.

For some of my work, it starts with pencil and paper. Others start with mouse and keyboard. Others use both. And then, there are totally Computer Generated Images created in 3D. And then there are ones that use almost every conceivable creating method combined into one finished output.

Different images require different methods of creation. I think the easiest way to answer your question is to say that there are many Software Packages that allow most Designers to do what they need to do. The ones I use include, but are not limited to:

- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Dimensions
(other Adobe Software Packages)
- Lightwave
- 3D Studio Max
- Bryce3D
- Quark and Quark Xpress
- A host of Macromedia Software Packages
And More.

The total list is quite long and each is really normally used in only ONE part of an overall project. The trick is to know which one will give you the desired effect or “part” of the overall desired work, and how to integrate them together. I know many great Designers that are simply limited to their range of work because they don’t use many Software Packages together. But we ALL strive to learn more and become better.

But most of the finish work for still graphics goes through PhotoShop at one point or another, and usually is “finished” in PhotoShop at a minimum. But again, it depends on the intended output (or use and medium) of the graphic.

I hope that answered your question.

Tbone
09-14-2001, 03:42 PM
w00t! Quark :D

fanera17
09-15-2001, 07:43 PM
Thanks shartley

shartley
09-15-2001, 08:03 PM
I hope that was the answer you needed. :)