PDA

View Full Version : Retromag vs. Angel Speed

Deacon
01-28-2004, 04:36 PM
I am a loyal mag owner and have nerver been unsatified with the performance of my mag. I currently shoot a Micromag power feed with level ten retro valve and an intellifeed. It never chops and is rock solid reliable. Now the question, I have been toying with the idea of getting an Angel Speed just to see how the other half lives. Are there any real advantages to an Angel over my current setup? Thanks for your input.

Joni
01-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Well, it would be easier to crank out higher bps out of the angel.

krafty
01-28-2004, 05:08 PM
I felt the exact same way when I bought my Bushmaster.

I'm now trying to sell the Bushmaster... :) (Oh yeah, and with the proceeds I'll be buying a new RT-Pro)

Mag_SEAL-6
01-28-2004, 05:57 PM
As joni said, you will be capable of hitting higher rof. It'll also be a little more air efficient. The speed is basically made for tournament play right out tof the box. It has 5 modes. It's quiet, unless you set the dwell higher than 15 (i think it's 15?). It's very fast- 22 w/ sensi off and 30 with it on. It is a very nice gun, but if you like your mag, stay with it. Hope that helps.

Deacon
01-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Yea, that helps. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has experience with both a nice retro mag and a speed to see if all the bells and whistles are really better that an old reliable mag that just keeps throwing paint downrange. I guess the mag is so simple and reliable that it just seems a little boring sometimes.

03vert
01-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Deacon
I guess the mag is so simple and reliable that it just seems a little boring sometimes.

how come i still dont know how they work?!:(

toolfan62
01-28-2004, 06:52 PM
you will always get mixed revies.people like me will say the speed owns,but my dad has been shootin a mag for years and the mag he has now owns most guns out there,so its really how u playif ur a back a speed may be more suitable because its faster and more air effiecient but a mag is a good front gun cause they r so small and can get decent ROF

i have a speed,but since shootin my dads mag,i want one like his:p :D

Alux
01-28-2004, 07:05 PM
I owned an all ULE Xvalved mag before I got my Speed. The speed is an overall great gun as well as was the Mag. I never had a problem with either one. It mostly comes down to what you want to play. My mag served me very well in Recball. Not saying that Mags are not good Tourney guns but I personally felt that I needed to step up the ROF a bit. I would describe the Speed as more of a lights and ropes of paint kinda of gun instead of bells and whistles ;)

So basically it all depends on what you play or feel like playing with.

Deacon
01-29-2004, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the input. I think I will stick with my Mag.

See ya.

bunkermaster10
01-29-2004, 09:33 AM
Dude the speed completly owns. Its a great freaking marker. One of my favorite markers.