PDA

View Full Version : Are all paintballs biodegradable?

68magOwner
01-28-2004, 06:09 PM
ok, im going to a city parks meeting to try to get a paintball park put in, i need to know if all paint is biodegradable. and are there any staning paintballs? i heard that there were not because of issues with venues, but just making shure

WenULiVeUdiE
01-28-2004, 06:16 PM
All paintballs are biodegradeble and do not stain. Some paints wash out in one rinse, others 2 or 3. But after a rain all the paint should be gone.

68magOwner
01-28-2004, 06:17 PM
thanks alot, well, there should soon be a new field in charlotte NC if anyone is interested :D

TheDuelist
01-28-2004, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Some paints a more "persistant" than others. I still have stains from some Anarchy I shot in my backyard from over a year ago even through some really heavy rains right after it was used. Disney had problems with paint staining at Cup this year. So yes some paints do stain.

DiSoRdeR
01-28-2004, 07:51 PM
And there non-toxic :D

WARPED1
01-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Yes they are biodegradeable, and some do stain. I think www.nppl.tv might have a list of the banned brands, banned because they stain.

Pacifist_Farmer
01-28-2004, 08:31 PM
It completely depends on what type of surface the paint is hitting

untreated wood - the paint usually soaks in, and thus staining

Painted metals will often time be stained, i think thats the oils in the paint

yeah I would check with NPPL

68magOwner
01-28-2004, 09:09 PM
ok, well there biggest concern was bio-degradability. anyway, i have to research liabilities and what not, but things are looking preety good as of now.
(and field owners please PM me mabey you could help with letting me know what liabilities there are)

the_next_guy_
01-28-2004, 10:05 PM
Keep us posted. I want to know how this turns out.

shades
01-28-2004, 10:40 PM
They are not only nontoxic but edible. yum, yum.... really.

68magOwner
01-28-2004, 10:45 PM
if (fingers crossed) we get a field it will be a woodsball fields, with only trees for cover (unless i and friends build/find other stuff to use, wich we will) the main purpose for getting this, is that we are all fairly young (in high school) i only work weekends, so, while we do play tournies, we have to scrape together money to do so. scince we all want to upgrade markers ect, we decided that we should just find a place to play for free. well, we started playing in woods. well lets just say that now we know most local cops by name :p we got thrown out of MANY places. so, we tried calling a guy asking if we could get a permit to play somewhere. he said to go to this meeting (tonight). well, we did that. and from what i gather, we will most likely get, not just a permit, but an established place for the public to play (with a sighn ect, but on a bring your own equipment basis). all we need now is to make it easy for them, we have to provide them with enough information so that they have to take little to no effort of there own to know what kind of liabitlity stuff they will have to deal with (waivers ect) what would be a great help to me is if anybody has a public paintball park near them, to let me know where one is. we figure that if there is another one somewhere, that we could get all necessary info from them.