PDA

View Full Version : Every Look!! Interseting Thing Here

automag223
01-28-2004, 06:36 PM
I want to know why we don't have a standard tourniment forum? We have the scenario games, but what about a forum where people from eachothers states and regiens can talk about upcomeing tournies in there area? Also i have been around these forums long enough to notice that everyone talks about the major major tournies just in this forum, but there are alot of unnoticed tournies that alot of people miss because they were unawhere it was even happening. I feel that if the scenario games get there own forum so should the tournies. And if there was a completly different forum for tournies it would free up alot of room on this forum.

Just my two cents. Thanks for listening

Woogie12
01-28-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm all for that. There's tons of local tournies near me and I bet if some people knew about it, there would be a much better turn out.

03vert
01-28-2004, 06:47 PM
I'd go for it.

FreakBaller12
01-28-2004, 06:51 PM
or jsut doing sub headings
like when you clikc meet and greet
you get an option for tourny's an option for scenario's the just general down low

-=Squid=-
01-28-2004, 07:07 PM
I would LOVE a tourney forum on AO.

However, although there are a LOT of tourney players here, I think AO is primarly rec players.

GT
01-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
I think AO is primarly rec players.

as are most boards

Bad_Dog
01-28-2004, 09:01 PM
that'd be cool, maby it could help zone me into all the stuff that I'm missing (pretty much everything:) )

automag223
01-28-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Bad_Dog
that'd be cool, maby it could help zone me into all the stuff that I'm missing (pretty much everything:) )

that is my point! im sure there are alot of people that would love to go to this tournies if they were informed of them...

RRfireblade
01-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

as are most boards

But nobody admits it.;)

There should be a Recball Anonymous forum as well.You can post but it doesn't show your name.:)

Python14
01-28-2004, 09:39 PM
I think a tourney forum would be nice. We could get AO teams together for local and regional tournaments alot easier, as well as report results. I would be willing to moderate (Shamless Plug). Tom could even come in and tell us which tournaments AGD staff or techs will be present at so we know which tournaments to avoid...:p ;)

But yea, I vote Yay on a tournament forum. That or an official Python14 forum.

deathstalker
01-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by automag223
im sure there are alot of people that would love to go to this tournies if they were informed of them...
Ever think about checking your local fields' websites? Why does AO have to be your sole source of information?

Use the Meet and Greet. That's the precise reason it exists. As for the events AGD will attend, there is usually a sticky or enough posts in the main forum promoting their attendance. Besides, if you want AO to be like the other websites, then just go to the other websites.

Python 14, please fix your sig. Click the link in mine if you don't know what's wrong with it.

Python14
01-28-2004, 10:43 PM
There are too many stickies. Instead of cluttering the top third of the 1st page, why not just make a whole forum for it?

whatever.